When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crossing Paths at the Crossroads

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 70 ... 135  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 135]

21 Re: Crossing Paths at the Crossroads on Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:54 am

"Ehe," I laugh awkwardly, a faint flush coming to my cheeks as I shrug. "Just whatever needs done, I guess. Sometimes I'll work security, other times I'll work the bar... or, you know... whatever. I don't usually work here because the clients are typically men, but I've found a few opportunities here and there. Mostly I just come here for the cornbread and beans."

View user profile

22 Re: Crossing Paths at the Crossroads on Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:59 am

"They do have good food," I nod, what he's said not really registering until my eye widens and I look up at him. "No," I exclaim in a whisper.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

23 Re: Crossing Paths at the Crossroads on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:02 am

"Shhh," I whisper back, my eyes darting around the empty inn as I feel my face go hot. "Don't judge. It's only every once in awhile and it's good money! These clothes aren't free, you know."

View user profile

24 Re: Crossing Paths at the Crossroads on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:04 am

"Well, god forbids you dress like the rest of us!" I scoff, my own face flushin as I turn back to the table so I can pick at my breakfast.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

25 Re: Crossing Paths at the Crossroads on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:16 am

"It's hardly my fault the people in this part of the country don't dress better," I retort before clearing my throat as I sit up to wave at Martha for something to eat. "Really, though? It's not so bad. I've only done it a few times, but it helped get me through some pretty tough winters. And it's easy work. I've had a girl pay me just to sit and talk with her over dinner, and another paid me to pretend I was her boyfriend so her parents wouldn't find out about the woman she was living with. It's not always... you know. A lot of the time I'm just company."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 135]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 70 ... 135  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum