When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secrets and Favors

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 62]

11 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:55 am

*Jean*

Ljuba's shouting jars me, nearly knocking me off the Jeep as I lose my footing and catch myself on the icy pavement. Staring at her in shock, I have to look around for a second to make sure everything is alright before I frown at her.

"What?!" I demand. "Why are you shouting?? Gave me a bloody heart attack..."

View user profile

12 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:04 am

"Jean," I sigh, curling my arms across my front as I rub my hands over my arms for warmth. "I wasn't yelling, but you need to calm down. It's not here."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

13 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:12 am

I dislike the noise that comes out of me when she says it, my throat threatening to close off with the tears I've managed to keep at bay up to this point. It had felt insensitive, mourning my own shallow losses when Ljuba had lost the guitar that had been so precious to Maja. Realizing the wallet was gone had jarred me, though, and all I can do now is stare at the Jeep at a loss.

"But I swear, I just had it," I say weakly, certain that if I say it with enough conviction, it'll be true. But I really can't remember having it after stopping at the gas station... after tossing it on the driver seat to pump the gas, right before the men had come up, grinning and threatening, to shoving me into the pumps so they could climb into the car and tear off out of the gas station.

View user profile

14 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:14 am

"I'm really sorry," I inhale sharply, trying to still my jaw as it threatens to chatter in the cold air. "What all did you lose..?"

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

15 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:17 am

"Everything," I laugh painfully, my arms fanning out to indicate my clothes and the small backpack over my shoulder. "I just grabbed my toiletries to wash up... everything else was in the car."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum