When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secrets and Favors

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 13]

101 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:11 pm

"What detour?" I ask dubiously, my eyes widening as I look over at Teagan and then back at the other three. "Where the hell are we going?"

View user profile

102 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:33 pm

"Andover, for now." I respond, looking back out the window. 

*Ljuba*

"Who are these people?" I ask Marnin softly, leaning in closely to his ear as I tug my bag between my legs closely.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

103 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:56 pm

"Cael was the one I was riding with last time I was out," Marnin responds quietly. "You know, when I got mugged."

View user profile

104 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:20 pm

"And her..?" I follow up unsteadily, just barely able to see her silhouette behind the front seat.

105 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:26 pm

"This is Teagan," I say as Marnin cocks his head toward the front of the van. I'm not sure I was meant to hear the scarred woman, but my ears are painfully aware of every little sound inside the van, every scratch of fabric making my head ache and my stomach churn with nausea. "Teagan is an herbalist or some shit, I don't even know. She sells good shit."

View user profile

106 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:51 pm

"Apothecary." I correct him, pursing my lips in his direction before I twist back a bit to face the trio I the back.

"I don't sell good shit, I offer natural remedies for medical and spiritual needs."

107 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:17 pm

"So you're not his drug dealer, you're his... what? Doctor?" Jean frowns as he looks between Teagan and I skeptically.

"So you're feeling better now?" Marnin asks, ignoring Jean's asinine question. "You weren't looking so hot last time I saw you."

"Oh, that makes me feel better," I grumble. "Even the blind guy can see I look like shit." Shaking my head, I glance back at him with a shrug. "Yeah, I feel a bit better. My doctor here is withholding the really good shit for until after I've lugged her ass across the country."

View user profile

108 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:52 pm

"Apothecary." I repeat tiredly, twisting back to look out the passenger window as we make our way out of the city.

"Go east out of the city, then in about thirty miles, head north to the first city."

109 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:05 pm

"Marnin," I say blandly, a note of frustration in my voice as I look in the rearview mirror and start the van, the gears grinding loudly as I shove them into first so I can pull out onto the road. "I want you to know, for years, you've always been my least favorite person to drive around... and then I met Teagan. Now there are two people that I absolutely hate having in my van."

"It's not my fault you can't tell your ass from a hole in the ground," Marnin scoffs as he begins moving things around in the back of the van to make it more comfortable - another thing I hate.

"Hey!" I yell, my head whipping around as he shoves my pillows and books around, nudging his friend to help him set up a spot against the wall for them to sit. "Stop fucking with my stuff! I just got it put back from the last time you were in here!"

"Ignore him, he's all bark," he whispers to the scarred woman, an irritating smirk on his lips.

"I swear to god," I growl as I turn my attention back to the road. If it weren't for the risk of hitting a pedestrian, I would raise more of a fuss, a fact I'm sure the blind man has taken into consideration when he'd timed when to rearrange the entire back of my van.

"So Teagan," Marnin says cheerily as he moves the magazines I had hidden under a pillow up to one of the shelves along the top of the van. "How did you get into the apothecary business?"

View user profile

110 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:06 pm

"Family business." I remark. "You should enjoy this city we're stopping at. Entirely abandoned. Should have some interesting things tucked inside some of the buildings. You can pick it while I'm retrieving my stones."

111 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:11 pm

I can see Marnin's hesitation in the rearview mirror as he cocks his head in that discerning way that he has. 

"What makes you think I'd be inclined to pick through abandoned buildings?" he asks curiously. He's sizing her up in much the same way he had me the first time we'd met. I still don't know how he'd known what I was so quickly, but somehow he did. And somehow, I think he knows that Teagan isn't quite normal, too. "I'm blind, aren't I? Blind men don't usually pick through abandoned buildings, do they?"

View user profile

112 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:14 pm

"But you do, don't you?" I retort, "Your picking trips are how you know Cael, are they not?"

113 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:19 pm

"I didn't tell her that," I say with wide eyes as I look back in the rearview mirror defensively. I've been with her maybe two days and she's managed to pull shit like this out of the air frequently. It's a bit unnerving, but I'm not about to admit that openly in front of the woman holding my 'medicinal' shit ransom.

"No, I didn't think you had," Marnin says, more intrigued than anything as he seems to 'watch' the woman with interest. "As flaky as you are, you've always been discreet... so how did you know, Teagan?"

View user profile

114 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:25 pm

"I pay attention." I shrug. I can hear the others shifting around in the back of the van, the scarred woman settling in at Marnin's side as the other man continues to watch the front of the van skeptically.

115 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:32 pm

"She sounds like you," I accuse as I glance back at Marnin before shaking my head as I return my attention to the road. "Enigmatic and fucking obnoxious. You'll get on splendidly."

Marnin only shrugs as he settles in at the scarred woman's side, a silence falling over the van for a few moments as I find my way to the road leading out of the city. Glancing back in the mirror, I notice the familiarity between Marnin and the woman, and my curiosity piques.

"So you must be Ljuba, huh?" I ask as I glance back at the dark haired woman, nodding lightly as I smile for the first time since the strangers have gotten into my van. "Marnin never shuts up about you. Now I can see why, you really are cute. I didn't think he was a very good judge on that kind of thing, what with him being blind and all. But I can totally see it. And he said you play guitar, too?"

View user profile

116 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:45 pm

Twisting back, I can see the way the scarred woman blushes at Cael's compliment, her chin dropping in a way submissive sort of way as she smiles a lopsided smile. She nods softly before mumbling a soft 'Yes,' before clearing her throat to repeat the word. 

"Y-Yeah," She says a bit louder, "A-and other things..?"

Shy. She's shy. Something about a shy musician tickles me, and I glance back at her with a grin before unfastening my coat as the van's heat slowly kicks into gear. She doesn't blush at my attention the way she does with Cael's, something that surprises me despite the obviousness of it. He's a handsome man, and can be rather charming when given the opportunity.

117 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:51 pm

"Oh yeah?" I ask, smiling crookedly as I glance at Ljuba in the mirror, noticing her blush. "What other things do you play? I'm a piano man myself, but I've played with the guitar and the cello a bit."

View user profile

118 Re: Secrets and Favors on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:03 am

"I can play almost anything with strings." She responds, a bit more sure of herself this time as she grabs one of the blankets from the floor and wraps it around her and Marnin's legs. She seems to take great care to be subtle about the fact she's seeking out his hand underneath, because I can sense her gaze planted firmly on the front seats as she adjusts the blankets over their laps and arms.

119 Re: Secrets and Favors on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:25 am

"We'll have to play together sometime," I smile as I notice Marnin's protective posture beside Ljuba. 

"Did you get your guitar fixed then?" Marnin asks, the innocent tone of his voice making my eyes narrow.

"Yeah," I say evasively. I'd like to remind him exactly why it had been necessary to fix it, but meeting Ljuba, I suddenly have a strong suspicion as to why he wanted to learn to play to begin with. And judging by the faint flush of his cheeks, I'd say my suspicion is pretty spot on.

"Yeah," I say again, sighing lightly. "It just needed a new neck and the new string."

"That's good," he says, a note of guilt in his voice as he smooths the blanket out over his lap, his other arm tucked safely under the itchy fabric where he's undoubtedly still holding Ljuba's hand.

"Yeah," I say, clearing my throat as I nod and glance back at Ljuba. "And I've still got my keyboard, so yeah. We should definitely play sometime."

View user profile

120 Re: Secrets and Favors on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:32 am

"I would like that," She nods, stifling a faint yawn as I twist back to see Jean sitting tensely against the other edge of the van. 

"What about you, there? You play anything? Do anything of note?"

121 Re: Secrets and Favors on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:53 am

"Ah," Jean says, an awkward laugh escaping him as he shakes his head. "Um, nothing that really applies to the inside of this van, unfortunately."

"Yeah," Marnin says as he makes a face. "Let's definitely keep your whoring stuff out of the van."

"Wait, what?!" I laugh loudly as I glance back at the well-dressed man. "That's awesome! Are you seriously a whore? Is that why you're dressed like a fuckin' pouf? Does that shit actually work??"

"For poufs and ladies," Jean responds, scoffing at the line of questioning as he shakes his head. "But no, seriously... I don't really have any special talents. I mean, I take photographs, but that's about it."

View user profile

122 Re: Secrets and Favors on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:58 am

My eyebrows raise excitedly as I twist onto my knees to face the back of my seat, peering over the edge at the well-dressed man with wide, curious eyes.

"You're a prostitute?" I ask, probably more loudly than I should. "What're your rates?"

123 Re: Secrets and Favors on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:08 am

"Wha-?!" I ask in alarm, the noise Marnin makes reflecting my horror as Jean seems to perk at the attention. 

"For you?" he asks, clearly not needing to spend much time sizing her up - he (and everyone else with working eyes and an attentive dick) has already checked her out. "That depends. What are you looking for?"

"HEY!" I shout, scrambling for a canteen, a water bottle, anything to fling at the man. "Not in my van!"

View user profile

124 Re: Secrets and Favors on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:13 am

"I'm just curious!" I remark, frowning over my shoulder at Cael before crawling out of my seat and coming to sit back on the floor with the others. 

"Ignore him," I say to the well-dressed man as I drag my jacket out of the front seat to lay across my front, settling in against the back of Cael's seat as I look over the three with a polite smile. "So, tell me. What do you do? What does it cost?"

125 Re: Secrets and Favors on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:30 am

"Whatever you want me to do," Jean smiles charmingly, the suggestive tone in his voice only alarming me further as I twist around to look into the back suspiciously. 

"I mean it!" I say warningly, the man smirking as he continues to ignore me.

"As for cost, it starts at twenty notes an hour for anything that falls under foreplay," he says as he scoots a little closer to Teagan. "Fifty an hour for the basics beyond that, hundred and up if we get creative."

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum