When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secrets and Favors

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 62]

16 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:04 pm

I tense slightly as I frown, a lump forming in my throat as I say what I know will sound hypocritical coming from me.

"But, they're just things. I mean, you could've been so seriously hurt, and you weren't. Do you now how lucky we were?"

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

17 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:11 pm

"I know," I say, the words coming out near a whine as I let out a heavy sigh and look back at the Jeep at a loss. "Let's just go," I say defeatedly as I step away from the Jeep to put an arm around Ljuba in a half-hearted hug, my hand rubbing her arm before I let her go.

View user profile

18 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:32 pm

I lean against Jean as he hugs me, sighing as I look up at the emotional man. 

"Hold on," I say softly, tugging my bag onto my front so I can dig into the pocket tucked against my side. It takes a moment of maneuvering, but I'm able to pull out the small folded rag containing Maja's necklace. It'd been a gift from Jean when they hit their first anniversary (That they were still together for, anyway) and I'd never told him I'd gotten it. Maja had treasured it, and was wearing it the night she died. I only got it because the Guardsmen who were called to our apartment weren't crooked enough to pocket it. 

"You should have this." I say as I hand him the rag, swallowing thickly as I zip up the bag. "To help start your collection of things again."

19 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:48 pm

"What is this?" I ask as I rub a hand across my cheek to wipe away the tears that had threatened to fall. Unfolding the rag, my hands start to shake almost instantly, a sharp breath hissing past my teeth as I see the delicate gold chain snaked around the jeweled locket. It still has her blood on it, dried and crusted an ugly brown between the links of chain and across the surface of the pendant.

I'm not sure if it's a laugh or a sob that comes out of me as I pick the locket up by the chain, my vision blurring immediately as I start crying uncontrollably. It's the locket I'd given her for our first anniversary. I'd looked everywhere for it after she'd died. I'm making that noise again when I throw my arms around Ljuba, hugging her tightly as I thank her over and over again, the words coming out blubbery and sniffled.

View user profile

20 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:51 pm

I'm startled by the second hug, my own arms snaking around him tensely before I grab his shoulders and step back away from him. He doesn't even look at me, his eyes going immediately back to the necklace as I offer a faint smile. It hurts to part with it, and at the moment, I'm wondering if it wasn't a mistake. 

"I'd have cleaned it," I offer lamely, "I just couldn't bear it."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum