When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secrets and Favors

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 62]

21 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:09 pm

"No, no," I shake my head as I try to dry my eyes on the sleeve of my jacket, the rough fabric hurting my frozen cheeks. "I understand completely. I'm just so glad you found it! I'd looked everywhere for it. Honestly, I was so afraid he'd taken it, it made me sick just thinking about it."

View user profile

22 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:13 pm

I can feel the familiar sting of emotion as I shake my head, a hand coming up to rest on my throat as I shrug.

"No, no. She was wearing it, and-" I exhale roughly, biting the inside of my cheek to try and stave off the tears. "I don't think he saw it for all the blood..."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

23 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:21 pm

A whole new wave of emotion hits me as I try to hide it in the sleeve of my coat, my throat closing up as I shake my head in a vain attempt to get the image out of my head. I'd only seen her after the fact, long after her body had gone cold and the blood had been cleaned up by the guards, but I'd seen the crime scene where her blood had soaked through everything it touched. I remember being shocked that the human body could hold so much blood, the image of it haunting my dreams for months to come. On bad nights, it still did...

"C'mon," I say weakly, the word coming out a croak as I reach over to rub Ljuba's arm anxiously. "We've got a mission to get on with, and it's not going to get done with us standing here in the cold."

View user profile

24 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:35 pm

"Then let's go," I nod, gesturing for him to head off in front of me before I look over towards Marnin. He's removed himself from the situation as far as he could without being out of site, lingering near the road as he seems to stare off in one direction. It's moments like this, when he's pointedly trying not to interfere, that I notice his handicap the most. Most people can distract themselves by inspecting cracks in the sidewalk, looking at melt patterns for snow, but not Marnin. His eyes just wander a bit recklessly in his field of view. 

And - like always - it's as though he's reading my mind. Hand in pocket, and out come a simple pair of sunglasses. 

"I think we're ready." I say thickly, sniffling a bit before I adjust the bag on my side and wrap my arms across my front.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

25 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:41 pm

*Marnie*

"That's good," I say as I fall into step beside Ljuba, my arm going to hold the strap of her bag as though using her as a guide. Really, I'm just leery of the icy road, for both of our sakes, and without my cane to feel out the road in front of me, I'm less confidant of where I'm placing my feet.

"I'm glad you were able to make him feel better," I say quietly after a moment, a small frown coming to my lips. "But are you really okay with giving him Maja's locket..? You just lost her guitar, and you'd kept it in that drawer for so long..."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum