When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secrets and Favors

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 13]

226 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:23 am

"No, we spent the walk here talking about more things he'll undoubtedly throw in my face." Lju scowls, shoving off of the floor as she hunches over and moves through the van past us to crawl into the front seat. I frown a bit as I reach around her legs to grab the kettle so she doesn't risk knocking it over, pointing out the hot plate before she curls her legs into the seat and stares out the window.

"Cigarette's done," I say lamely, handing it back to her before I redirect my attention to the tea for Cael.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

227 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:27 am

"What can I say?" Marnin scowls as he moves over to begin tearing through my bag for something else to listen to. "Birds of a feather..."

View user profile

228 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:31 am

"Well, at least I know I won't have much use for my pennyroyal for awhile." I say, trying to make light of the situation as I twist on the cap of the thermos before tossing it to Cael. "Let it steep for a couple minutes, then drink up."

"I need a light." Ljuba says, twisting back around to look into my bag curiously as I look for one with no luck.

229 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:50 am

"Yeah, we won't have to worry about that," Marnin scoffs after he's found what he's looking for. "I'm a little late to the abortion party. But I guess being too traumatizing to touch is a good birth control plan, at least on my part. Who knows though! Maybe I'll need it for my prostitute."

View user profile

230 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:54 am

Ljuba practically drops the lighter I've handed her as she gawks at Marnin from around the edge of her seat, my hands catching it before it can get knocked under one of the front seats as I look up between Jean and Cael at a loss. I have no idea what's going on anymore, the two clearly in their own dispute that I'm unaware of. 

"But I thought he was the prostitute?" I ask Jean softly, earning a groan from Ljuba as she grabs the lighter from me.

"No, he just buys them because he's lonely." She scowls, twisting around in her seat as she lights her cigarette with shaking hands.

231 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:03 am

"But I thought you and Luella didn't have sex..?" I ask at a loss, Marnin's jaw grinding as he grabs his bag and scoots to the back of the van.

"We didn't," he grinds out before kicking the back door open to get out. "I was just lonely, and she was a better friend than the one I thought I had."

I flinch as he slams the door shut behind him, the sound jolting me as my sluggish mind tries to keep up with what's going on. Staring back at the others with wide eyes, I finally sigh in annoyance and open my thermos to take a sip of the tea inside.

View user profile

232 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:07 am

I can see Ljuba flinch out of the corner of my eye as the door slams shut, coughing into her sleeve as she takes slow and small hits from the cigarette. Frowning, I finish packing up my bag to shove out of the way as I glance at Jean and then to Cael.

"Shouldn't someone go talk to him..?" I ask, twisting onto my knees as I try to rise up to peer through the deeply tinted rear windows.

233 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:24 am

"Nope," I say flatly as I settle in next to the wheel well to enjoy my tea. "I've known Marn for ten years. He needs at least five minutes to cool off before talking to him is productive. And even then, it really depends on who pissed him off. I'd bet fifty notes he'd be more upset about getting his feelings hurt by his Bee than he is by the shitty phone conversations with that brother of his that usually put him outside the van."

View user profile

234 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:29 am

Frowning, I glance back at Ljuba to see she's smoked nearly half of the cigarette now, taking longer and deeper drags as she sinks into the seat and stares out the window listlessly. She won't be talking to anyone. Hell, I'd be surprised if she were even awake in ten more minutes.

"Bully for us," I sigh, tucking myself behind the drivers seat as I look back over at Cael. "Once your tea kicks in, maybe he'll be back and we can be back on our way? No point wasting any more time if all it'll do is cause more fighting."

235 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:41 am

"Sounds good to me," I nod as I take another sip of the tea. I'm already starting to feel more awake. "I'm sure he'll get cold soon enough. And we're not exactly parked in the best area, so I doubt he'll want to hang around outside long."

Sighing contently, I glance toward Jean as I notice him scooting toward the seat Ljuba is relaxing in, the smell of her cigarette filtering throughout the van.

"You okay?" he asks quietly.

View user profile

236 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:43 am

"No," She huffs softly, staring at her cigarette and the ash that's landed on her lap. "I don't even know why I said that earlier, I wasn't even mad at him."

237 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:04 am

"You'll work it out," Jean says quietly as he settles into the small space between the seats so he can lean against the dashboard in front of her. "You'll both apologize, vent a little anger, and you'll be hugging awkwardly in the streets while your old friend pretends to clean off a locket that's been clean for ages just to give you some privacy."

View user profile

238 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:22 pm

Ljuba frowns as she shifts to sit forward, snuffing the last of the cigarette out in the ashtray on the dash as she holds her head heavily. She shouldn't have smoked the whole thing.

"Hey-" She starts, groaning uncomfortably as she rubs at her eyes, "Girl, uhm... You."

"Yes?" I ask, not bothering to peer up at her as I pick absently at my skirt.

"Am I gonna be sick..?" She asks heavily, reaching for the passenger door handle in anticipation.

"You shouldn't be, but you smoked it pretty fast. I wouldn't be surprised if you're feeling rather light-hea-" before I can finish the thought, though, she's shoved her door open and stumbled out into the cold, taking heaving breaths as she shields her eye from the bright sun shining off the snow.

"Okay, maybe she'll be sick." I sigh, grumbling about people's inability to follow instructions as her door slams behind her.

239 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:39 pm

*Marn*

I can hear Cael laughing at Ljuba before she's even managed to close the door. And sure enough, a moment later, I can hear her retching into the snow on the side of the road. I don't know why he always gets such a kick out of other people getting sick from something they got off his 'poth, but I can still remember the first time I'd tried something Becca had given me, and he'd gotten the same primitive enjoyment out of my misery. I can only imagine that he's embraced his own karma at having gotten sick a few moments ago, and that's the only reason he isn't angry about it. 

Well, that and the high he'd gotten from the potent tea.

"You smoked the whole thing, didn't you?" I ask from a distance, refusing to move from the abandoned tire I've taken up as my seat on the side of the road. "You just saw Cael get sick from inhaling that tea of his, and you went right ahead and sucked that whole thing down after she advised you to share it. Serves you right."

View user profile

240 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:06 pm

**Ljuba**

My eyes burn from the bout of sickness as I step back to lean against the van, taking in long and deep breaths as I hold my face in my hands. My head hurts, and I'm deliriously groggy, and Marnin's snide remarks don't illicit any sort of anger as I whine quietly. 

"I don't feel good," I say weakly, rubbing at my face as I hunch over should another wave of nausea hit. "I feel heavy and wrong."

241 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:11 pm

I frown heavily at that, my lips twitching in a stubborn scowl before I sigh in resignation. Digging into my pocket, I get up and make my way over to her.

"Here," I say softly, holding out a small green vial with the words Sal Volatile written in aged and faded lettering on the label. "Take a good sniff, it'll help clear your head."

View user profile

242 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:37 pm

I groan as I look up at him, taking the vial slowly as I hold it under my nose and inhale deeply. It helps almost immediately, and I exhale evenly as I hold onto the vial possessively. 

"I'm sorry," I practically whisper, taking another inhale of the vial before handing it off to him and sinking against the van. "I wasn't mad at you, I'm rubbish at being mad."

243 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:49 pm

"Really?" I ask dryly, capping off the vial to tuck it back in my pocket. "I hadn't noticed."

View user profile

244 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:57 pm

I peer up at him, frowning sharply as I run my fingers through my hair, the threat of tears sticking in my throat as my fingers hit a filthy sick-filled patch of hair. 

"You're mad at me, now." I whine, sinking onto my haunches as I begin picking at my hair. "You should be, I was a cunt... I don't even know why I've said it."

245 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:03 pm

"Because it bothers you," I say crossly, my lips twisting into a scowl again as I shake my head at her. "It's okay if it bothers you! Just say it and tell me that you don't want me seeing her anymore, and I won't. But don't just let it sit inside you until you've gotten pissed at some dickhead like Cael and then decide to take it out on me."

View user profile

246 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:19 pm

Guilt washes over me as I look up at him, my arms resting on my knees as I struggle to take an even breath. 

"I don't like other people touching you." I admit, resting heavily against the truck as I struggle to maintain my balance as the high from Teagan's smokie starts to settle and my limbs feel like dead weight in the cold. "Don't see her anymore..."

247 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:26 pm

I can't explain the tension that seems to melt off of me as she says it, the anger leaving me in one long breath. Nodding, I swallow the bitter taste that had settled on my tongue, a lightness taking its place inside my chest as I cock my head toward her.

"Okay then," I say simply. I don't know why, but I feel as though I've been waiting for her to say it since the moment I'd met Luella. And now that she has, I feel better. "I won't see her anymore... and I'm sorry, too, for what I said in there. You caught me off-guard and I was deliberately trying to be hurtful."

View user profile

248 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:38 pm

"I know, I told you that as a secret!" I frown, grabbing up a bit of snow to try and clean the sick from my hair as I swallow thickly. 

"He doesn't know."

249 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:49 pm

"Who doesn't kn-," I start with a frown, realization sinking in quickly as I feel my whole body go stiff. "Jean?" I ask breathlessly, the shock and disbelief quickly making me go numb, my jaw clamping shut. Shaking my head, I turn to go to the back of the van, Ljuba's voice not even registering as I climb in the back door and jerk it shut behind me.

"Hey, Teagan," I say numbly. "Do you have anything for me in that bag of yours? I know you're a 'poth, not a drug dealer, but I knew a poth back in the day that used to sell me some great stuff. Just something to take me out of the right now, you know? I can pay you."

View user profile

250 Re: Secrets and Favors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:57 pm

**Teagan**

"What for?" I ask, exchanging a glance with Jean before I begin digging through my smaller bags curiously. "You want to sleep or something?"

"Marnin-" Ljuba calls anxiously, tugging the side door open as she looks into the van at a loss.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum