When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secrets and Favors

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 62]

6 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:36 am

My eyes widen a bit as I zip up my bag, glancing at Marnin incredulously. 

"You want me to play for notes? Abroad? With a stranger's guitar?" I scoff slightly, shaking my head as I stand to finish getting ready. "People don't just hand off their instruments. They're goldmines in and of themselves."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

7 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:05 am

"Yeah," I frown thoughtfully as I pause to put on my socks and boots. "Yeah, I suppose you're right. Well, we'll have to make do."

I scowl when I notice that Jean is still frantically searching for his wallet, the expression faltering a bit when I really notice how frazzled he is. I'd sort of noticed it the night before, but had been too distracted to really question it. Now, though...

"You alright?" I ask hesitantly, the man snapping at me instantly.

"No, I'm not alright!" he says harshly, his hand running through his hair in much the same way he had done last night upon seeing his precious car gone up in flames. "Just forget it. Can we go? I'd like to get as far from this place as possible."

View user profile

8 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:16 am

I nearly freeze at Jean's sharp outburst, watching him skeptically as he gathers his things in a huff before heading for the door. I frown as I tug my bag onto my shoulder, tensing as Jean heads out ahead of Marnin. 

I head out towards the hall after them, sticking close to Marnin as Jean leads the way out to the road. 

"What's our first stop..?" I ask once we step out onto the quiet street, looking around at the otherwise empty road. "I don't even know which way would bring us towards the city."

9 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:45 am

"That way," I say, pointing down the road before cocking my head back toward where Jean had gone. "Jean - Jean!

Frowning, I shake my head in annoyance before going around the building to find him digging through the Jeep we'd driven back in the night before.

"What are you doing??" I ask in exasperation.

"It has to be here," he says, his voice almost pleading for it to be true.

"It's not," I sigh. "Honestly, it's just a wallet-"

"It's more than just a wallet!" he snaps as he hops out of the Jeep to go around to check under the other seat. "It was a gift from my father, and what's more, it had all the photos I had left in it! I could have sworn I had it after they took the car!"

My brow pinches uncomfortably as I glance back toward Ljuba. This is not my area. Sighing, I turn to walk away, pausing next to Ljuba to whisper into her ear. Maybe she'll have better luck than I will.

"The wallet was burned with the car," I say quietly, cocking my head back toward him sadly. "It was definitely his wallet."

View user profile

10 Re: Secrets and Favors on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:51 am

Frowning sharply, I nod as Marnin continues walking past me, leaving me with the frantically-searching man.

"Jean?" I call softly, wincing at how awkward his name fumbles over my tongue. "Jean, he says its gone..."

I hesitate several feet from the jeep as he continues ripping through it. "Jean!?"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum