When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arrowpoint Innzone

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 37 of 40]

181 Re: Arrowpoint Innzone on Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:24 pm

"You're evil superpower is finding stuff in rubble?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow at him as I adjust my arms over his chest when I notice the faint way his voice waivers under me.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

182 Re: Arrowpoint Innzone on Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:38 pm

"I-," I hesitate, the pressure on my ribs forcing me to still my breathing as I nudge her arms into a more comfortable spot before I can speak again. "Sure... we'll go with that. But, ya know, that's not the only thing I've done to get by. One of the perks of having awesome compensatory senses is that I observe things and do things that other people can't.

"Incidentally, some people know this, and they'll pay a lot of money for me to just happen into the right place at the right time. And it never gets back to me because who believes a blind guy is going to witness anything much less perpetrate it?" I shrug lightly, my fingers tracing the lines of her hands lazily. "People like that... if they have an ironclad alibi, no one has a clue what the fuck happened or why because all anyone saw was me. Unless it's near Richard's territory, anyway. People know me there, and I'm always suspect even if I didn't do anything."

View user profile

183 Re: Arrowpoint Innzone on Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:42 pm

"Are you like..." I frown incredulously as I twist my legs under me, sitting up over his lap as I cock my head at him. "Are you like some sort of hit man?"

184 Re: Arrowpoint Innzone on Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:01 pm

"Wha-?!" I laugh, shaking my head. "No! Well... not usually. I try to avoid those jobs unless I agree that the person is a threat to others. But no, I just-," I hesitate, trying to remember how it had been described to me. "Facilitate discrete political and personal problem solving. I gather information, coax cooperation, acquire things that aren't exactly for trade or sale, or, more often than not, I travel with people who need a discrete companion who may or may not be able to sense people's motives and handle them should they prove threatening. I'm a Jack of all trades... assuming those trades are a little risque and questionably legal..."

View user profile

185 Re: Arrowpoint Innzone on Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:30 pm

"So... You're like muscle?" I ask, unsure of how the news makes me feel. I can't imagine Marnin being any other way than he is with me, and the thought of him possibly being cruel or intimidating to anyone sits oddly with me. 

"You help bad people?"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum