When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arrowpoint Innzone

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 40]

6 Re: Arrowpoint Innzone on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:45 am

"Oh," I frown apologetically. "Sorry." I try not to look at her as she shifts her bag around uncomfortably, my gaze on the line in front of the innkeeper. After a moment, I steal a glance at her and lower my voice. "He smiles sometimes... just out of nowhere. We'll be sitting in the van, driving quietly, and he just smiles... When I ask him about it, it's always, I was just thinking about something Ljuba did. He's very fond of you."

I want to say more, but my jaw clamps shut as the line creeps forward. As cliche as it is, I want to warn her against hurting him. I play through a dozen different ways of saying it - threatening, pleading, friendly warning... but nothing sits right. Instead I just leave it hanging, giving her a short look of mingled concern and consideration as I try to size her up before it's finally my turn to talk to the innkeeper.

Sighing, I drop my money on the counter and tell the man what I want. It's short and sweet, and he doesn't give me any shit about the reduced pricing that I've haggled with him. He even hands me a bag of trail mix before nodding at me just as I'm about to leave.

"Braddock with you?" he asks, the name catching me off-guard. No one ever calls Marnin that.

"Yeah..?" I ask hesitantly, glancing toward Ljuba as I try to convey the unusualness of the name he's used - if only to alert her that something isn't right.

"He's got a package," the man says as he squats down to grab something from under the bar. I'm still a little tense as he drags the large package up, the box wrapped in silken paper with a silken bow. I feel a little anxious touching the package, the glint of silver and gold catching my eye as I notice the fine metal inscribed with intricate lettering marking the parcel for Marnin.

"From..?" I ask skeptically, the innkeeper growing impatient as I linger at the bar.

"I don't know, some guys in suits," he scowls before waving me off. "Now get out of here, I've got ten other people waiting on me."

Sighing, I take the parcel and nod toward Ljuba to move out of the way of the bar so I can hand it off to her.

"I'll let you handle it," I say with a frown. "If he gets upset, give me a holler. I fucking hate it when that dick sends him shit."

View user profile

7 Re: Arrowpoint Innzone on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:19 am

Taking the package, I look down at it held in both hands curiously. I want to ask if gifts from his brother come often, but the question is left unsaid when I spot the others heading in from the cold.

"Got rooms yet?" Teagan asks, bouncing towards us with her own youthful zeal as Marnin and Jean wander in behind her. "Do they have baths!? I'm dying for a bath."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

8 Re: Arrowpoint Innzone on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:25 am

"Yeah, they've got baths," I say, shaking my head in amusement at her excitement. "Us three will be sharing a room, though," I add as I nod toward her and Jean.

"What about Lju and I?" Marnin asks with a faint frown, his head cocking to the side slightly as he seems to take note of the parcel in Ljuba's arms.

View user profile

9 Re: Arrowpoint Innzone on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:29 am

"No rooms big enough for the five of us," I lie quickly, "so we're in a second room."

I hold the package out towards Marnin, stepping closer as he takes it. "And the keeper said some men in suits left this for you?"

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

10 Re: Arrowpoint Innzone on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:39 am

"That was fast," Marnin comments as he puts his hand out to touch the soft wrapping. After knocking his knuckles against it gently, he seems to nod contently at the sound it makes. "We'll see if it's what I actually asked for."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum