When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trigger Happy Jack

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 78 ... 154  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 154]

11 Re: Trigger Happy Jack on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:18 pm

I can feel the color go out of my face as I look over Ljuba's shoulder, peering into the room to find that Marnin isn't there. The concern only increases when I notice the phone clutched in her hand as she holds the sheet to her front self-consciously.

"Is that Marnin's phone..?" I ask worriedly.

View user profile

12 Re: Trigger Happy Jack on Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Tensing, I look down at the phone in my hands. My head cocks to the side as I nod, stuck trying to remember why I have it at all. 

"Yeah...?" I frown, holding it up for Cael to take before I twist around to look around the bedroom. "He's not out in the halls somewhere?" I ask, picking up the sheets to further wrap around myself. "He can't be far, he's left everything here."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

13 Re: Trigger Happy Jack on Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:13 pm

"Including his phone," I frown, shaking my head as I study it. I feel wrong, having it in my hand. I've tried to touch it numerous times in the past, and every time I had, I'd been left with a nasty bruise or a scar from where the blind man had caught my hand - sometimes smacking it, other times threatening to break it if I ever touched it again.

"Did anyone call him last night..?" I ask, wanting to turn the phone on to check the history, but feeling guilty at the thought. "Teagan had one of her vision-dream-things... said she saw Richard, except she didn't know it was Richard... but he was close.

"Can't you just check his history?" Jean asks impatiently, clearly relieved to see that Ljuba is safe and wanting to go back to bed.

"Yeah, but-," I start before Jean rolls his eyes and snatches the phone from me. I scowl at him, but only watch him as he clicks the phone on and starts going through it.

"Son of a bitch, there's hundreds of calls from him," Jean frowns as he clicks through and shakes his head. "Including three from last night and two from this morning... hold on, it looks like there's a bunch of texts, too."

View user profile

14 Re: Trigger Happy Jack on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:52 pm

As soon as I hear Jean say it, I spin around, frowning sharply as Teagan seems to notice. 

"No," She says, reaching over to snatch the phone from Jean. "We're not snooping - He got a phone call from that man this morning, that's all we need to know."

"Wai-" I inhale weakly, sitting on the edge of the bed as I hug the sheets to my frame. The weight of their presence this early is starting to sink in, and I look up at Cael with a lost look of desperation. "You really think he's gone? He can't be-

My voice shakes as I look around the room, "He's left his phone, his bags! Look!" I point at the backpack tucked near mine, hurrying over to scoop it up as I hug it oddly to my chest, keeping the sheets in place. "He never leaves without this bag on his shoulder. He won't even go to the corner shop from my place. He never is without it! You have to know that, you're his friend! He's just- He's likely out in the lobby, or maybe he went to get breakfast!

"That's it. I bet he's gone for breakfast. He always liked having breakfast cooked for when I woke up! I bet that's what's happened." I nod intently, setting his backpack on the bed as I pace around to look for clothes so I can go look for him downstairs.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

15 Re: Trigger Happy Jack on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:34 am

"Have you ever known Marnin to leave his phone, though?" I frown as I take the phone from Teagan to hand back to Ljuba. It doesn't sit right, any of this. But still... "I don't know, maybe you're right. We should check downstairs."

"I'll check the bathrooms," Jean says past a wide yawn. "Sorry," he frowns when he notices my glare. "I gotta pee, though! So I'll pee and check the bathrooms."

"You do that," I sigh, nodding my head slightly at Ljuba. "Sorry for busting in on you in your - uhm - sheet. We'll meet you downstairs?"

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 154]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 78 ... 154  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum