When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trigger Happy Jack

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 79 ... 154  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 154]

16 Re: Trigger Happy Jack on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:25 pm

**Teagan**

By eleven, we were long on the road, most of the trip passing in a tense sort of silence. Ljuba dissolved quickly once we found that Marnin was truly gone, and the crass way the innkeeper described his hurried escape - 'Kinda looked like one o' them johns, runnin' out after a bad one night stand, ya know?' - only added to her distress. It took all three of us to get her calm enough to pack up their room, but once we'd hit the van, her crying had grown so severe she was hyper-ventilating. 

Jean had sunken back into the front seat. He'd done what he could to try and console the hysterical woman, but nothing seemed to ease her pain. Cael had already shot down every heartfelt argument she made to going after Marnin, telling her time and again it was reckless and suicidal to travel to Richard's home in search of Marnin. That was about the time she'd started to get angry, violent almost, and I began searching for something in my bag to sedate her. 

Likely the tensest part of this entire trip was forcing it down her throat. Cael had to pull the van over after Ljuba shoved me into his seat, knocking me dizzy from my head hitting the support bar inside. I could appreciate the fact she didn't want anyone near her, we all crave privacy during these vulnerable times. I could even appreciate she didn't want me trying to drug her, but her hysterics were proving erratic. With Jean and Cael holding her down, I apologized as I poured the vial of sedative into her mouth, clamping her nose and mouth shut until it was down. 

The minutes that passed until it took effect were silent and long, the men never letting her up as I sat at the other end of the van. She cried out angrily at first, cursing us for not doing more to help, then sobbed apologies as her eyes grew heavy and her words slurred. Once she was asleep, wrapped in what blankets we could find and tucked into the rear of the van, the rest of us settled into the front to continue the trip. 

I wasn't even sure where we were going anymore. If there would be any further detours from the course to the Capitol. With Ljuba bent on Marnin, I doubt she's still keen on heading for Soltera. Jean seems like he's just along for the ride, as well. I feel a bit bad for the man, watching him as he looks out the window with a tired sort of look. 

"So what is the plan?" I ask, my voice sounding awkward as it breaks the silence.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

17 Re: Trigger Happy Jack on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:37 pm

"We go to the Capitol," I shrug, my eyes fixed on the road as I drive. I have a pounding headache - whether it's from the lack of echostone or the tense set of my jaw, I don't know. "He left his phone... sooner or later, he's bound to call. There's no other reason he would leave it. The damn thing has been attached to his hand since his first trip out of Orlais. Richard would kill him for losing it... which means it's safe to say he's somewhere he doesn't need the phone - with Richard. So we wait for his call, and then we decide what to do.

"Until then, we've got other shit to do," I sigh. "We can do your thing and then we'll figure out what's next once we're in the Capitol. It's close enough to Orlais that we can come running if we need to."

View user profile

18 Re: Trigger Happy Jack on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:43 pm

"You know she won't go for that..." I frown, glancing over my shoulder at the sleeping woman. "And I can't keep pouring graviotium down her throat every six hours."

19 Re: Trigger Happy Jack on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:45 pm

"Yeah, well-," my eyes widen a bit as I twist around to look back at Ljuba and then at Teagan. "Hang on! Graviotium? Isn't that an Echo sedative?!"

View user profile

20 Re: Trigger Happy Jack on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:47 pm

"Yes," I respond a bit guiltily, looking at Cael with a slight pout. "To be fair, I still don't know you very well. I had to be safe."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 154]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 79 ... 154  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum