When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trigger Happy Jack

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78 ... 154  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 154]

6 Re: Trigger Happy Jack on Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:57 pm

I shrug as Cael gets up, moving around me to get clothes.

"Didn't he and Lju have their own room?" I ask, frowning a bit as I watch Cael.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

7 Re: Trigger Happy Jack on Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:04 pm

"Yeah, but-," I frown as the words stick in my throat. This isn't a subject I've ever even really discussed with Marnin... I know his secret, but that's all there is to it. I haven't needed to press for more of the story because I've witnessed his relationship with Richard firsthand.

"His brother is always eating cherries," I say vaguely. "There's a good chance he's one of the storms. And if that's the case, and he knows Marn spent the night with Ljuba... it might be nothing, but I still think we should check on them."

"Isn't his brother Richard Braddock?" Jean asks, and I can tell by his uneasy tone that he doesn't trust the idea of the elder Braddock having an interest in Ljuba for any reason.

"Yeah," I frown as I struggle into my boots.

View user profile

8 Re: Trigger Happy Jack on Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:13 pm

The uneasiness compounds as I notice the way Jean reacts to the confirmation of the brother, my hands wringing together as I rise onto my toes anxiously. 

"It's never been that clear," I say after a moment, swallowing thickly as I look at Cael - waiting for him to be ready so we can head into the hall. At this point, the panic is nearly fear rotting away in my stomach. "Normally, everything's blurry, out of focus... But this was crisp. I could make out the stem of the stupid cherry-"

9 Re: Trigger Happy Jack on Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:31 pm

"He loves those fucking cherries," I scowl, nodding toward the door. "Sat there eating 'em as he sentenced an innocent family to die - cruelly. He's bad news. God, I hope it's nothing."

Jean hasn't even finished pulling his pants on as he follows us out into the hall, shoes forgotten as he gets his pants up over his hips and combs his hands through his hair anxiously.

"How would he even know we're here, though?" he asks. "If they're on bad terms, I doubt Marnin would tell him he spent the night with Lju. Right?"

"Oh no, Marnin is always in touch with him," I frown. "Hasn't really got much of a choice. Richard'd lose his shit if Marnin didn't talk to him... and he got that package last night, whatever that was... but it was definitely from Richard."

View user profile

10 Re: Trigger Happy Jack on Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:59 pm

Following Cael, Jean and I linger back as he knocks roughly on the door to Marnin and Ljuba's room, receiving no answer before he begins knocking again. 

**Ljuba**

I don't know how long the knocking has been happening, the loud rapping causing me to groan and twist in the covers as I fight the urge to stay asleep. It isn't until I realize I'm alone in the bed that I pick my head up, looking around blearily in an attempt to make sense of the knocking and Marnin's absense. 

"Hold up," I call, entirely unaware of the item clenched in my first as I stumble about to pull the sheets around myself, half-smirking as I head for the door. "You've locked yourself out, haven't you?" I laugh, shaking my head as I undo the lock. "I should leave you in the hall, punish you fo-" 

I stop as I pull the door open, looking up at Cael and the others in pure confusion. 

"What..?"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 154]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78 ... 154  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum