When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trigger Happy Jack II

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 40]

11 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:49 pm

I press my lips together, unsure how to answer that question. I still don't know what kind of test this is, but I feel the need to put it out there.

"If that was a proposition, then I do have to remind you that I'm married," I say, my voice wavering a bit. "So pants may be required... if that wasn't a proposition, though, I really don't care. I need to take my shirt off, so by all means!"

I wave a hand dismissively as I go to pull open the various drawers in the room. I'm a little surprised to find that my bandaging supplies are still in the same spot I had left them. It's uncomfortable trying to sit down on the edge of the couch, my jaw clenching as I try to find the most comfortable position. It's even more uncomfortable trying to figure out Ellie's role in the Game, her eyes never venturing far from me as she sits on the other side of the room. I almost wonder if I'm meant to hide my injuries, and by proxy, Richard's nature from her. If that were the case, he made a foolish decision putting us in the same room together.

Gritting my teeth, I decide to simply ignore the Game entirely. If I guess wrong, I'll be punished, and if I guess right, I'll still be punished by putting myself through the anxiety of trying to figure out what the play is. So I surrender to it and begin unbuttoning my shirt. At least one discomfort can be amended - I can bandage my ribs, maybe put some salve here and there, and hopefully get some sleep. Whatever happens tomorrow happens.

View user profile

12 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:00 pm

"No proposition," I respond after a moment, watching him curiously. I do what I can to keep any sort of judgement out of my tone, instead distracting myself with my whiskey before continuing. "Though, to be quite fair, I don't know if I'd take the state of your marriage as the best reason to decline. It doesn't seem to be a very happy one.

"Your husband," I continue, setting my whiskey down as I rise to walk towards him as his hands shake with the bandages, "he's got a bit of a cruel streak."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

13 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:11 pm

I don't know why, but I feel frantic trying to manage the bandages as she gets closer - as though getting them on quicker will spare me some kind of pain. The feeling is so intense, I can't help but flinch as she lifts her hands to help, an unreasonable fear of being struck tightening around my chest. The breath of relief when nothing comes of it is almost as embarrassing as the flinching...

"That is precisely why I must decline," I say quietly, though I know that if Richard is listening, it won't be at the door where he can't hear me whispering. It'll be through the woman I'm speaking to. Sighing, I relinquish the bandages to her, my nerves still frayed as I catch myself flinching every time her arm lifts up anywhere I perceive as near my face.

View user profile

14 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:21 pm

"It's also precisely why I'm not silly enough to proposition." I say lightly, taking care to bandage his torso - dropping the bandages only long enough to apply the salve he'd gotten out. 

"Having only known him for a short period, I must ask - What is it you did?" I continue quietly, my own voice lowering slightly to match his. "His reputation precedes him, so I've reached a dead end on guessing. So far, my front runners are: You ate with the wrong fork at dinner several months ago, and you've been tucked away in the basement ever since, but given your build, I'd say that's inaccurate. Perhaps he isn't that disturbed... The other guess is you've gone on business, and he's reason to believe you're unfaithful. 

"Which might explain why you seem to think I may have propositioned you simply by being dressed for relaxation in the quarters I was assigned to."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

15 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:29 pm

"I wasn't away on business," I frown. "I was just away - not far enough, clearly - but I've been away for six years. I had hoped he'd found some reason while I was gone, that he'd let me go and realize that I don't want to be here. But I was wrong. He'd tease me about being wiley with the women while I was gone, thought it was funny when I'd flirt - I can't flirt with women, I've a husband. But he didn't find it so funny and impossible when it wasn't just harmless flirting anymore."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum