When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trigger Happy Jack II

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 39 of 40]

191 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:58 am

"She's a good person," I say roughly. "She only agreed to this assignment because it's Wesley. Otherwise, her reports are only ever about trading information and where there have been rumors about good scavenging spots in the wastes. I've been in touch with her for years and I only just now learned what you and Wilson's names even are."

View user profile

192 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:01 am

I scowl as I unlock the phone, hitting send before tossing it down into the seat angrily.

"I hope the information was worth it," I say roughly, picking up my whiskey and sipping it as I stare back out the window. "And I hope you've paid her handsomely, because she won't be working in the Gatz estate after tomorrow."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

193 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:06 am

"She didn't give me any information!" I protest. "That's why I had you send the text - to call her off. She didn't feel right prying into your business - insisted it wasn't relevant to Wesley. And after what you told me, I didn't want her giving me any details on what he did to you. I assume that's why she wasn't comfortable with the job."

View user profile

194 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:08 am

"I don't care!" I spat, "Anyone who would be willing to sell my family's information while working under my roof is unwelcome! The fact she didn't tell you certain things is the only reason Wilson isn't being brought into this, because I can guarantee you he would not be a lax as I'm being on the matter.

"She will be let go, she will be given a recommendation and severance, but she will never work for my family again."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

195 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:13 am

I huff at that as I lean against the door, my gaze fixated out the window as though there's something other than darkness for me to stare at.

"And you didn't think I had anything to offer as sorry old Richard's husband," I grumble under my breath. "I have half a dozen others - not in your house - that I won't be calling off. I may not need information on your family so much now, but by the end of this, I'll know your brother better than you do."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum