When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trigger Happy Jack II

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 40]

21 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:04 pm

"Ljuba," I say the name quietly, with an almost guilty reverence. "We were friends first. We met after I left all those years ago, after she'd been through her own private hell. Who knew shitty fortunes could forge friendships, eh?"

View user profile

22 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:05 pm

"Well, you know what they say-" I say, my arm resting on the arm of the chair as my fingers swing the empty whiskey glass aimlessly, my gaze following it.

"Birds of a feather."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

23 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:18 pm

It's an odd feeling, the way my heart skips when I notice the impatient way she shakes her glass. It's not even a conscious decision when I get up to refill it, but the discomfort I feel once I have is very much part of my consciousness. I find myself sitting down on one of the ottomans, a seat lower than hers, as I refill my own glass and keep my gaze turned from hers as I contemplate the response, my glass dangling precariously from the hand rested over a crossed knee.

She's studying me. Why, I don't know, but I'm sure that it's clear that I'm both subservient and grossly out of practice. My hand shakes as I bring my glass to my lips - I really hope she doesn't tell Richard how rude I was. In his company, I don't have to defer to anyone but him - if anything, I hold a higher place than anyone else in the room with him. But in his absence, I'm to see to the guests' comfort - and if that means scrambling to refill a glass...

"Are you hungry?" I ask, my throat sticking a bit as I lick the split on my lip. "I can have some food brought in, if you like."

View user profile

24 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:24 pm

"I have someone bringing me food later," I say dismissively, sinking further into my chair so I slump lazily against the back. Head cocked, I watch him curiously, my glass resting on my hip.

"Are you hungry?"

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

25 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:26 pm

I nod faintly, my gaze dropping to my glass as I run my fingers through some of the alcohol that has spilled over the rim.

"I haven't eaten since Arrowpoint," I admit. That was two days ago.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum