When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trigger Happy Jack II

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 40]

6 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:35 pm

"It wouldn't be considered rude," I remark, shrugging as I take a drink of my whiskey and pull the book back into my lap as I pull it open distractedly. "I think you just realize, like I have already, that your husband didn't mistakenly double-book it. I haven't known Richard long, but I've deduced he's not the sort to accidentally put someone in the wrong room. No, no, no," I sigh, twirling the whiskey as I glaze over the page to find where I'd been. 

"He's done this on purpose. I haven't done anything, to my knowledge, to warrant being toyed with, so that leaves you." I shrug. "I'm here to bother you in some way, so the sooner you get comfortable being bothered, the sooner the situation can resolve itself." I finish, conceding that I won't be reading any further before setting the book on the ottoman where my feet had rested as I move to stand up, heading towards the stocked bar I'd requested to top off my drink.

"Whiskey?"

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

7 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:53 pm

"I'm not allowed..." I say hesitantly before nodding as I come over to grab down a glass for her to pour me some as well. Rules be damned. He's fucking someone else right this very moment - I'm having a drink. I'll pay for it later, I'm sure. Especially if this guest is reporting back to him. But with any luck, I'll have imbibed enough alcohol by then that I'll be numb to the pain I've earned.

"What do I call you?" I ask after I've swallowed down my first shot, the alcohol burning pleasantly at my split lip as I tap the rim for another two fingers. "I assume you're here on business? Your clothes don't have the Estate's smell clinging to them yet, so you can't have been here long."

View user profile

8 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:10 pm

"Well, most of my family calls me Ellie." I say with a shrug, refilling our glasses before replacing the stopper in the decanter and heading back to the chair I'd claimed as my own. 

"Yes. I'm here for business reasons. Setting up trade routes and protection orders for said traders. And my shirt has been in my bag for two days. I'm sure it smells like the rest of my clothes."

9 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:34 pm

"Your shirt..?" I hesitate at the emphasis she's placed on it before my heart skips. "Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't realize - I can give you some privacy."

I don't know what's more flustering, realizing she's half naked or the fact that my words keep stumbling over my swollen lip. The way she remains in her seat, however, only smirking in amusement, tells me she's not particularly bothered by her lack of pants, and I find myself simply standing here lamely.

"I, uhm-," I clear my throat uncomfortably. "You're not actually going to bother putting on pants, are you?"

View user profile

10 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:37 pm

"I didn't need them for the first part of this encounter," I shrug, taking a sip of my whiskey before setting it aside, my hands resting in my lap as I watch him in amusement. "Will I require them for the rest of it?"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum