When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trigger Happy Jack II

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

76 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:56 pm

Rising from my seat, I place my plate on the cart and move to refill my drink.

"Because I was curious how far I could push you before you turned into something other than a mewling twit." I say simply. "Looks like your woman is your Achilles heel. Might want to work on sounding more cavalier towards her if you want Richard to keep his attentions elsewhere.

"For her sake, I hope he hasn't done anything yet." I add, my tone a bit softer as I down the whiskey I'd poured before setting the glass to the side and turning back to begin turning off lights. "Violence is distasteful, especially when it's unwarranted and unearned.

"And call me a sap, but I've always been particularly opposed to violence against women. I suppose it's an unfortunate side effect of being one."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

77 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:07 pm

I scoff at that, my jaw clenching as I stare off into nothing for a moment. Part of me wants to prod this woman - prod her giant wall of muscle that is her brother - prod them until they're ready to take Richard's head. But somehow I doubt a woman opposed to violence will prove much use to my own private plot. Just as well - I want the pleasure for myself anyway.

"He's not usually needlessly violent toward women," I sigh, finally sinking back against the pillows again as I listen to the woman getting ready for bed. "Truthfully, he's not usually violent toward anyone. Why would he be? He has hoards of men and women clamoring for that honor on his behalf. Why get your hands dirty when you can make a sport out of watching from the sidelines? It's rarely even his hand that strikes me."

I raise an eyebrow as I look toward the woman hesitantly.

"Do with that information what you will," I say quietly, purposefully planting the knowledge of Richard's less than impressive physical prowess. "You know... should your negotiations break down..."

View user profile

78 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:16 pm

I cock an eyebrow at his remark, chuckling quietly as I cut off the last of the lights and move to change into something more comfortable to sleep in.

"I'll be certain to let Wilson know." I say, tossing the button up into my bag before I head towards the bed. I must admit, I'm a bit surprised with how little he moves when I approach, the only reaction I seem to illicit being when I take several pillows to create a barrier between us. 

"Though, for the sake of transparency - My brother and his men are here because I never let my hands do the striking, either."

79 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:40 pm

I can't deny that I'm relieved when she puts the barrier between us, a tension I hadn't even known I was holding onto releasing from my muscles as I sigh.

"Sad that it's sometimes necessary, isn't it?" I comment quietly. "But I think that it is a useful skill to master when it does become necessary. At least it is when you don't have anyone else to do the striking for you."

View user profile

80 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:42 pm

"I prefer guns." I say plainly, pulling the blankets back as I sink into the bed. I can't help but let out a content groan as I relax, pulling the blankets up over me as I let my head rest back into the pillow. 

"That's likely because my brothers are both rather large men, and I was raised seeing what those large men could do with their hands. Guns put me at an advantage."

81 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:51 pm

"That it would," I laugh lightly, my ribs aching at the effort as I let out a sigh and try to get more comfortable. "I take it you make your own bullets then? Guns are a hard habit to keep otherwise. Bullets are something that gets snatched up rather quickly when they're found out in the wastes. I've made some pretty pennies selling them."

View user profile

82 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:58 pm

"I've a decent stockpile back home," I shrug, "I've set up a program in the city that allows our government to purchase bullets and semi-functional weapons from people in exchange for meal and housing vouchers. It was met with some distaste, but it helped motivate the homeless into finding ways to scrounge through the city for food and shelter.

"Plus a lot of the more ruined parts of the city got cleaned out in the process." I add. "They also purchase tech components and varying degrees of scrap - assuming they're usable in some fashion." Twisting onto my side, the room spins a bit as I yawn, a tickle of annoyed anxiety dragging up my spine.

"Now, we don't advertise our ammunitions stockpile, so I'd appreciate if you could refrain from mentioning it to anyone."

83 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:04 am

"Who would I tell?" I ask as I tuck my arm under my pillow before turning on my side to face the curious woman. "Technically speaking, I'm only allowed to speak to Richard unless I've been given permission - and our pillow talk doesn't usually include talk of who does and doesn't have bullets stockpiled back home... but I'll tell you what. You don't tell him I very nearly bunged up his negotiations with you, and I won't tell him that you're a ammunition hoarding liberal activist.

"That's nice, by the way," I add with a faint smile. "Cleaning up the streets and seeing that people are fed, I mean."

View user profile

84 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:12 am

"My motivations were selfish - I needed ammunitions and tech components, and the homeless accept the lowest possible wages." I say tiredly, "And dealing with them makes the city look cleaner. So I suppose it's not exactly a noble victory."

85 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:22 am

"Regardless, I'm sure they appreciate the opportunities you've given them," I yawn. "You could have hired scavengers to bring you better product and it would have been more reliable than a bunch of filthy street urchins clamoring for a meal with the rusted remains of dear old grandpappies pre-war pistol. But what can I say? I'm a romantic."

View user profile

86 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:27 am

I laugh as I let my eyes shut, holding my pillow tightly to stop the room from spinning.

"So that's why you keep coming back," I tease, "The romanticism of it all?" Shrugging, I twist back onto my back as I stare at the ceiling. "I suppose there is something darkly enticing about abuse. I wouldn't know personally, but I'd assume the man has a dick like Zeus to keep a handsome bloke like yourself so strung out on his attentions."

87 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:37 am

"He's certainly not untalented, if that's what you mean," I respond, my cheeks flushing with embarrassment as I avoid her gaze. "And as sick as it is, I'm glad you don't know that personally. You're right, there really is something darkly enticing about it. I loathe him with every fiber of my being, loathe what he does to me... but even after being away from him for six years, I still found myself waking up sometimes and missing him, missing everything he's ever done or had done to me. And I would slit the throat of anyone who would think to touch him in my place."

View user profile

88 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:45 am

"Jealousy isn't an emotion I can relate to," I respond, glancing his way as I consider him. "But if you're so in love with him, why'd you leave?"

89 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:52 am

"As I said, I hate him," I sigh as I pull the covers up over me carefully, every inch of bruised and broken skin protesting the movement. "I don't know what you know of our little family here, but someone very dear to me took her life because of him. I wanted to hurt him for it - I intended to. But when I went to confront him after her funeral, he wept. As though he actually felt something over her death. I don't know why, but I couldn't stand to be near him after that. The idea that he might actually have a heart only makes everything he's done so much worse - the idea that he believes what he does is some kind of love. It's disgusting."

View user profile

90 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:54 am

"So instead you enable him?" I retort, cocking an eyebrow at him.

91 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:07 pm

"I don't enable him," I frown sharply. "It's... complicated. A man like Richard doesn't need an enabler or a disabler or anything like that - he does what he wants regardless. And I've fought him even while having that fucked up state of mind. It genuinely does not matter.

"He's not some disgusting trashy alcoholic with an inclination toward spousal abuse," I say, hatred and hopelessness coloring my every word. "He's a god damned sadist. I've broken his bones fighting back - had his life in my hands - and he just fucking smiles. Pinned under me, broken and bleeding, with a knife in his throat, blood pouring out, and he just fucking smiles at me... and then three of my closest friends are dragged in - dead - because of me. Because he knew I would fight him, and he planned for it.

"He's everywhere," I practically cry the word, not even aware that tears have welled in my eyes. "It doesn't matter how far you run or how many years or miles you put between you - he's fucking there. Waiting to pounce on you and your dog and everyone you've ever spoken to in passing - just to show you that life is nothing in his wake, and no one can touch him when he decides to snuff it out right under your nose.

"So no," I force out. "I am not enabling him. No more than an ant enables a boot - I just try to get everyone I care about out of the way."

View user profile

92 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:42 pm

Looking towards him, I reach over to crush the pillow hiding his silhouette.

"Sounds like your ant should get in with a more accommodating boot."

93 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:34 pm

"I would much prefer to be the boot," I say dryly. "But a boot is just a boot without a foot guide it. And I think we can all appreciate the investment that is a good pair of boots..."

View user profile

94 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:42 pm

"If you really plan on carrying on with the boot metaphor, then let me say this- Perhaps the company you should be keeping should be more akin to the brain that guides such cruel feet." I say, the haze of whiskey leaving a light laugh in my chest.

"I was always accused of being brainy."

95 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:10 am

"It is a pretty awful metaphor, isn't it?" I laugh, grimacing a bit as I pick my head up to listen to her more closely. She has the raggedly even breathing of someone who's trying to keep their drunkenness in check. "And you're drunk."

View user profile

96 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:09 pm

"So what if I am?" I laugh, rubbing at my face tiredly before letting my arms stretch across the pillow above my head. "What's that ridiculous saying?

"I'll be sober in the morning, but you'll still be blind." I chuckle, yawning thickly as I stretch and shift under the weight of the blanket, settling in for the night.

97 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:29 pm

"Serves me well," I retort, raising an eyebrow in the darkness. "You know what they say about brainy girls, don't you?" I hold my hand up, finger out straight before making a comical noise as my finger goes limp. "At least for me, I never have to worry myself with that mess. You could look like my gnarly, scarred up little toe for all I know."

View user profile

98 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:40 pm

"Are you calling me ugly?" I accuse, rising up onto my elbows as I look at him with a smirk.

99 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:44 pm

"Hey, don't shoot the messenger," I say, holding my hands up as I try to suppress a smirk. "I'm just the blind guy repeating what every drunk in every bar has to say about every 'brainy' girl they've met. I think you're perfectly lovely."

View user profile

100 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II on Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:36 pm

"Like your toe, hmm?" I laugh, laying back again as I scoff.

"I happen to be my father's most beautiful daughter."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum