When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trigger Happy Jack II.V

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 44 of 44]

216 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri May 06, 2016 11:22 pm

"I've been living with this for over a century," I point out as I shove the case of cigarettes back into the center console. "I know my tipping point, and I wasn't near it - that's why I had one. Topping off my levels, whatever you want to call it, so I'll be not sick longer."

View user profile

217 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri May 06, 2016 11:24 pm

"You know your body better than I do," I say, glancing at him dryly, "You don't have to explain yourself to me."

As I glance back I can see Jean heading back towards the van, rubbing his hands together in the chill air as I reach up to cut on the radio before Cael can continue on with the tense exchange. "We should get back on the road. I'm looking forward to a real meal and a bed, if we can make it in time."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

218 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri May 06, 2016 11:44 pm

I want to argue further, but Jean crawling back into the driver's seat leaves me grinding my teeth in unwilling silence.

I'm still a little peeved when we finally arrive in Lethburge where there is, thankfully, no line to get in. Jean, on the other hand, seems more than pleased with the colorful culture in the city, and is quick to find an inn right in the buzz of things.

View user profile

219 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri May 06, 2016 11:47 pm

The frustration from talking to Cael faded as Jean drove us up to a fun-looking inn, my attention pulled entirely to the city around us as he finds a spot to park a few blocks from the inn. I'm out of the van almost as soon as it's been parked, and hurrying around past Cael to get my bag from the rear so I can start towards the inn. 

"I'll see if they have some rooms!"

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 44 of 44]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum