When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trigger Happy Jack II.V

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

76 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:47 pm

"I hope so," I sigh before frowning a bit as I watch her. She looks flushed and her pupils are dilated. "Are you okay?" I ask as I slide off of the toilet to settle on the edge of the tub next to her.

View user profile

77 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:20 pm

"Mmhmm," I hum, nodding as I curl my legs back underneath me. I twist and arch my back around, rolling my shoulders as the tickle of anxious energy runs through me. 

"Uhm," I sigh as my head rocks from shoulder to shoulder, my limbs loosening as I glance at him, "Be careful if you have to grab me-" I say lightly, "It might be hot."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

78 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:33 pm

"Why would it be hot..?" I ask uncertainly.

View user profile

79 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:26 pm

"It's dusk." I breathe weakly, my eyes shutting as a rush of heat washes over me. I can practically feel it breeze through my hair as the water envelops me. Whatever response Cael might've had gets lost as I'm ripped from this reality, my senses overwhelmed with energy. 

It takes me a moment to orient myself, surrounded by flames as I peer out in every direction. Every expanse of earth is engulfed, faces of buildings the only thing breaking through the expanse of fire. I start through the streets hesitantly, flames licking at my body as I walk. It's empty here, but I can hear the chaotic rumble of warfare in the distance. 

The sound of explosions sends me running as I duck through the alleys in an attempt find something useful in this place. I can just make out the silhouette of someone ahead of me, but the build is too masculine to be Ljuba. He's running faster than I can keep up with, and it takes every ounce of energy I have to keep him in my view before the he disappears into a line of what seem to be soldiers. Soldiers?

I'm panting as I stop, the distant sound of Marnin's voice calling for Ljuba following the silhouette of the man as the soldiers turn their sights on me. My heart is pounding against my ears as I see their weapons steady, their aims centering on me as I turn on my heels and run back into the flames of the city.

80 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:51 pm

"Teagan?" I say loudly, a note of panic in my voice as the thin woman seems to fuss in her trancelike state. The room has gone hot and humid, the heat cloying at my lungs as I hover over her anxiously. It isn't until the water in the tub starts to boil that I become truly panicked, however.

"Teagan!" I shout as I go to grab her to pull her out. Immediately, I flinch away as her skin and the steam billowing around her burns my hands. Adrenaline fuels me as I reach back in to grab her, the steam increasing tenfold as I siphon off my reserves to counteract the heat. It's as reflexive as jerking my hand away had been, the way I force the freezing touch of my own magic into the situation as I pull Teagan from the tub.

I'm still frantic as I lay her out, soaked to the skin and naked as the day she was born, on the floor. The boiling water has frozen, suspended in its violent state as frost climbs up the walls and across the ceiling. Even the steam slows, every droplet of heat trapped in suspended animation as it crystallizes in the air and eventually stills around us. Now the only steam in the room comes from my breath and from the frost evaporating on Teagan's burning skin as a halo of heat persists around her.

I'm shocked when my hands roam over her reddened skin frantically searching for injuries only to find her perfectly intact. Were it not for my own skin being as cold as the rest of the room, it might hurt to touch her, but between the two of us, our opposing magics are nullified.

"Teagan??" I repeat worriedly, my hands going to her face as I try to get her dilated pupils to focus on me. "Can you hear me?? Teagan!?"

But I swear, all I can see is fire in her gaze.

View user profile

81 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:24 am

The chaotic blaze around me tinges blue as I feel the sting of cold against my flesh, the roar of the army at my heels. It feels as though my body is moving of it's own accord, my legs feeling limp despite my panicked speed. 

The entire world seems to shake and shift beneath my feet, sending me tumbling headfirst, where I lie frozen on the ground. Nausea washes over me as my realities twist into one another, Cael's face coming into focus above me as I reach up to grab his arms. 

"Run!" I plead, his visage disappearing as soon as I've said it as my body seizes back into the world of flames.

82 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:29 am

"Wha-? Teagan?!" I'm completely lost as I try to shake her out of her stupor with Jean standing in the doorway behind me. Looking around frantically, I catch Jean's gaze. "Her bag! There's a vial - blue or - fuck I don't remember!"

"I already got it," Jean says as he comes into the room, unnaturally calm given the situation and the unusual state of the room. I nearly drop the vial as he hands it to me, my fingers shaking as I fumble to get the cap off so I can pour the liquid past her lips. Jean hovers over my shoulder as I coo and whisper to her, coaxing her to swallow as I beg her quietly to wake up.

View user profile

83 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:46 am

The world around me dissolves as the bitter tincture burns at my throat, the distant sound of Cael's voice the only thing guiding me back as my head begins to throb painfully. I can taste the cold humidity in the room when the bitterness stuck to my tongue gags me. 

The choking is what truly wakes me, though, and I grasp at whatever arms are at my front as I tug myself weakly into an upright position, choking on the taste clinging to my throat.

When I finally open my eyes, I see Cael huddled at my side frantically, fear written on his face as I pant. 

"I think I saw Marnin," I say hoarsely.

84 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:52 am

"What?" I frown, my insides clenching. "But we were looking for Ljuba!"

"What else did you see?" Jean asks as he pulls the blanket I hadn't noticed he'd been holding from his arm and hands it to me so I can wrap it around her.

View user profile

85 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:55 am

"Fire, the entire earth was on fire. It was everywhere," I breathe as I take the blanket, sinking back against the tub as I look up between them. "It was a city...

"I don't know if who I saw was Marnin, but it was a man, and he was looking for Ljuba. I think, anyway, I could hear Marnin yelling for her. He ran through the army, but the army turned. There was this massive battle, like a bloody war had broken out around him."

86 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:59 am

"The fuck?" I frown, glancing at Jean as though he might have some insight into the vision. He only shrugs and shakes his head, looking at Teagan with concern. "What kind of army..? Was there anything to identify them? Marn's people have a symbol. Did you see anything like that?"

View user profile

87 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:01 am

"Just a rising Sun," I shake my head, looking up at Jean as I frown. "But that's not his city. It was wrong, Cael, I'm sorry," I wince as I look back at him, "I tried, I promise."

88 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:03 am

"No, that's Soltera," Jean breathes, drawing in a sharp breath as he looks between us with wide eyes. "It's on their flag, a rising sun. And we're hunting their ruling family."

View user profile

89 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:08 am

"How would they even know?" I frown, looking back at Jean, "How would they know we were even here for them to get her?"

90 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:11 am

"It doesn't make sense," I shake my head, my heart pounding in my chest worse now that we have more information. "The echo, though... the echo had an accent. I think he was from the north... towards Soltera. Maybe Richard tipped them off? Maybe... fuck, I don't know!"

View user profile

91 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:13 am

"We'll get her back, don't worry," I assure Cael firmly, wiping the frown from my case as I look at him, "It'll all be okay.

"We'll just go to Soltera." I nod, glancing up at Jean.

92 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:21 am

"Oh my god," I say tensely as I drop my head in my hands, my fingers combing back the hair at my temples as I pull at it anxiously. "This is so much more than I bargained for. Keep her safe. That's all I had to do - how did I fuck this up so stupendously?!"

"Well-," Jean starts, shrugging his shoulder before he bites his lip, pressing them together tightly as he looks down at the floor. "Just relax, Cael... we'll figure it out."

"Yeah," I frown, looking back at Teagan tiredly. "Yeah... we'll figure it out. Maybe we should get moving. It's a hard road to Soltera... the sooner we leave, the more likely we'll be able to make it before the snow is too much to pass through."

View user profile

93 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:33 am

"If we get our stuff together quick enough," I nod, "I can stop at one of the shops in the city on the way out. I need to restock on some things."

94 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:36 am

"Yeah, let's do that," I nod as I get to my feet, the blood rushing to my head as I do. Jean is quick to grab my arm as I start to tilt to the side, nearly toppling into the tub before I collapse onto the edge.

"Woah, you okay there?" Jean frowns as he keeps a steadying hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I say as I take a deep, steadying breath. "I, um... maybe I could use some tea before we go?"

View user profile

95 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:39 am

"I'll make you a batch." I nod, using an arm to clutch the blanket around my front as I brace myself on the tub to stand. It's the first time I notice the state of the bathroom. Damp and humid, with water dripping from every surface.

I'm unsteady at first, but I take several shuffling steps to the door without tumbling. Once I'm out of the hall and in the main room, I dress quickly so I can set to work on Cael's tea, the sink running as I rinse out the kettle and tea balls from it's prior use.

96 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:53 pm

I watch as Teagan leaves, my breath hitching as I notice the way the frost on the walls and hanging in the air around her seems to melt and evaporate as she passes. I can't tell how Jean is feeling, if he's rattled or impassive, his attention focusing instead on getting me back to my feet so I can walk back to the living room.

"You don't seem very effected by all of this," I point out as Jean keeps a steady hand on me as I flop down on the couch, still watching Teagan out of the corner of my eye.

"I grew up with a prime," he shrugs. "I was around poths my whole life."

"I'm an echo," I frown. "I depend on poths, and I'm still shaken up."

"Well, no offense," he starts hesitantly, shaking his head slightly. "But from what I've heard, your prior poth wasn't so much a poth as a scam artist. Nikolai was a doctor and a healer from a place of wealth and prestige. He had people as gifted as Teagan falling over themselves for the pleasure of his business. I saw poths putting on displays of their skill in competition with one another several times a year from the time I was five."

"So you're saying what?" I scowl, trying my best not to be offended. "That because I'm not a doctor or a healer or some kind of noble, I'm what-?"

"Very lucky," he says firmly before I can take it any further. "It's a sad fact that most poths are driven by greed, and an even sadder one that one of the main populations that require their care are so discriminated against that they can't afford a real poth. You got one of the good ones that cares more for her patients than she does her ledger."

View user profile

97 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:18 pm

Once I've gotten the water boiling again, the kettle readying much quicker than usual, I grab the ingredients for his tea and make my way to sit down at the table. As I lay the items out, I glance up at the two men and their hushed exchange curiously, clearing my throat softly as I look up to Jean.

"Would you like anything?" I ask, nodding back towards my bag, "Doesn't have to cure any ailments, could just be tea. I think I have some chamomile tea tucked away in there."

98 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:26 pm

"Some tea would be lovely, thank you," Jean smiles, his accent making me roll my eyes as I settle back in the couch. "How are you feeling?? You seem a little flushed."

View user profile

99 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:34 pm

I sigh before smiling, shrugging as I set Cael's tea-makings aside so I can go grab my bag. 

"I'm fine, thank you." I respond, bringing my bag with me to the table so I can make Jean's tea once I'm done with Cael's. 

"What about you?" I ask as an afterthought, looking up to frown at them.

100 Re: Trigger Happy Jack II.V on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:54 pm

"I'm fine, considering," Jean shrugs as he takes a seat on the edge of the couch before reaching over to grab a cup for his tea and the tin of chamomile. "I'll be better once we've found Ljuba... or Marnin or whoever the hell it is we're going after now."

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum