When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

An exchange of goods

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 23]

11 Re: An exchange of goods on Tue May 10, 2016 11:24 pm

I can feel my cheeks flush a bit at his shock, suddenly feeling very uncomfortable as Ylva smirks.

"It's for should she be caught on the streets on her way to or from home." She explains simply, "If she can prove that she's owned, she won't be hassled. Should she be picked up, you'll need that to retrieve her without paying any fines. 

"It is not tacit consent to any trade of those goods."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

12 Re: An exchange of goods on Tue May 10, 2016 11:27 pm

"Well, people aren't goods so..." I say with the hint of a disapproving frown before I clear my throat and nod. "Thank you."

View user profile

13 Re: An exchange of goods on Tue May 10, 2016 11:31 pm

"I'm quite aware that Miss Clery isn't something to be put on the shelf with a price tag, Mister Rhodes." Ylva offers a tense smile as she closes her clutch and tucks it back under her arm. "But you know as well as I how she's viewed in the eyes of the city. Consider it nothing more than a formality given the situation."

"I appreciate your help, Lady Veretrum," I speak up, earning a smile as Ylva shakes her head.

"Ylva, please, love." She says, reaching out to cup my cheek fondly. It leaves me tense and uncertain, shows of affection something that are wholly out of the ordinary with this woman. Still, she lets her thumb stroke across my cheekbone before she withdaws her hand. 

"Thank you, Ylva." I smile, holding up the permits and passes as she turns to Isaac with a smile. 

"I've business to attend to, so if I may be excused. Put her to good use, Mister Rhodes." She smiles as she turns for the door.

14 Re: An exchange of goods on Tue May 10, 2016 11:39 pm

"Of course," I nod, feeling a little uncomfortable as I shift my weight to step toward the door so I can close it behind her. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Lady Veretrum."

I sigh in relief once she's gone, the presence of another Prime in my home leaving me tense. Without her presence, it's a little easier to relax as I offer a more friendly smile to Niamh before gesturing toward the living room.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" I ask before hesitating slightly. "Or is that something you're supposed to do..? Sorry, I've never had anyone working as my 'help' before... if I'm being honest, I'm not entirely sure I'm comfortable with the whole arrangement."

View user profile

15 Re: An exchange of goods on Tue May 10, 2016 11:50 pm

"I've never done it before, either, Master Rhodes." I confess lightly, stepping back to let him pass without hindrance as I tuck my papers into one of the pockets in the folds of my dress.

"Though, as I understand, I'm simply here to help keep the place tidy and offer you help, should you need it." I add, looking quickly towards the peculiar prosthetic leg before averting my gaze. "And make sure your leg heals properly."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum