When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

An exchange of goods

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 23]

16 Re: An exchange of goods on Tue May 10, 2016 11:58 pm

"Well, I could definitely use the help," I admit with a sigh as I pick up the mess of empty glasses and blood bottles from the coffee table before glancing back at her. "I'm so far behind on my orders from all of this that I'm losing clients left and right. Between being a verbal punching bag and trying to make amends, I haven't had time to actually work on the orders.

"And then there's this place," I can feel my cheeks flush a bit with embarrassment as I look around at the disaster that is my apartment. Dishes, laundry, and trash are scattered across virtually every surface. Suddenly I regret sitting down to draw out plans for a trash chute rather than simply suffering through the discomfort of taking it all down to bins outside the shop. And that's another thing that's scattered everywhere: blueprints and plans and lists of ways to improve the place and the make-shift prosthetic that I'd managed to fabricate from what scraps of material I had at the time.

View user profile

17 Re: An exchange of goods on Wed May 11, 2016 12:02 am

"It'll be good as new soon enough." I offer with a smile, coming up behind him to help pick up the dishes and bits of rubbish.

"Tonight was meant to be more of a getting acquainted sort of thing, but really what more do you need to know aside from the fact I've been hired to clean your home?"

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

18 Re: An exchange of goods on Wed May 11, 2016 12:09 am

"Well, there's no reason we can't get better acquainted," I shrug as I limp toward the kitchen with the dishes. "Particularly if you're going to be around a lot."

View user profile

19 Re: An exchange of goods on Wed May 11, 2016 12:11 am

I nod as I stop near the coffee table to fill my arms with emptied bottles and dirty dishes.

"Do you have company a lot?" I ask, "Do a lot of entertaining? I'm not sure I have any attire fitting of city gatherings."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

20 Re: An exchange of goods on Wed May 11, 2016 12:13 am

"No, not really," I frown a bit as I arrange the dishes into something a little less chaotic next to the sink. "I sort of had a falling out with the friends I had here after the accident."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum