When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

An exchange of goods

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 20 of 23]

96 Re: An exchange of goods on Mon May 16, 2016 11:49 pm

"A little bit of everything, really," I say as I continue picking at the carrots. "Officially, I'm a relief mechanic for the generators and other city machinery. Unofficially, I'm a tinkerer, engineer, freelance fixer extraordinaire.

"Really? I just like taking things apart and seeing how they work. This just happens to be less messy than being a therapist."

View user profile

97 Re: An exchange of goods on Tue May 17, 2016 12:09 am

"More admirable, as well," I laugh lightly, returning to where I'd been working earlier to tidy up the coffee and side tables in the living area. "I never understood the appeal of therapy. Telling me why I might be sad won't do anything to alleviate my pains, if anything, it just offers a more self-aware sort of depression. 

"I didn't like it."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

98 Re: An exchange of goods on Tue May 17, 2016 12:12 am

"Why did you have to go to therapy?" I ask before I can think better of the prying question. "...if you don't mind me asking."

View user profile

99 Re: An exchange of goods on Tue May 17, 2016 12:17 am

I tense mildly, realizing the trickle of personal information I'd offered before standing to look back at him. 

"To cope with the death of a loved one." I respond with a slight shrug, my arms full of books and writing utensils and other peculiar tools. "I struggled for a bit after, and someone close to me saw to it I got 'help.' I only went two or so times, if I recall," I continue, moving around towards the desk so I can put away the pens and pencils and drawing tools, "I always left feeling worse than I did when I went, so I stopped."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

100 Re: An exchange of goods on Tue May 17, 2016 10:38 pm

"Understandable," I nod with a sympathetic frown. "Sometimes it's best to just let things go rather than dwelling on them. I see someone pretty frequently, but when it comes to that kind of stuff, I don't know... I try not to let them focus on it. I'm at a whole other place when it comes to death compared to most people."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum