When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oogy Boogy Woogyman

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 21 of 23]

101 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:45 pm

"No, no," I laugh as I step away to get the interface pad I'd created for the other project. "But that's a good one, I'll have to remember that. But no, it's an irrigation system. I'm trying to program it to only water certain plants as needed, though. I have the grid with the plants programmed in, I just... don't know how often the plants need watered..."

View user profile

102 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:22 pm

We start the process of replanting his pothos as we discuss the layout of plants for his irrigation system, taking breaks on occasion to go grab the books from upstairs and fix glasses of wine to celebrate what little work has been accomplished. 

We've gotten nearly 80% of the irrigation system sorted, and any plants that needed repotting have been seen to. It's still warm outside when we open the doors and drift out onto the back steps overlooking the garden. My shoes have long been forgotten under the table, and my feet stretch across the cobblestones as I take a seat on the top step, wine glass in hand. 

Marnin is just making his way out to join me when I hear the sound of someone else moving further in the house, and I can only assume Richard is making his way out from the basement for... Whatever reason he's drummed up. Food. Sunlight. The chance to be rude. It's anyone's guess. Still, I ignore the sound of a possible intrusion as I glance up to Marnin sinking into the spot beside me. 

"So the last few plants, I don't think they're in those books, but I might have another book at my apartment I can check." I say, the slightest tinge of intoxication tainting my words, "And with that, I'd say our work for today might be done."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

103 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:37 pm

"Looks like!" I respond, still tinkering away at the console as I sit down beside her, fully distracted by the task at hand. "Hey, I just want to say, I really appreciate your help... I've been procrastinating this job for ages, and my client is - well, not happy. But building bridges with witches is not an easy task, and if I just asked him for the information I needed to finish the project, he'd think I was unfit for the job. Soo... yeah, I'm grateful, to say the least."

View user profile

104 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:47 pm

"It's the least of what I owed you," I shrug, taking a long drink of wine as I set my glass between us and rest against my knees, enjoying the comfortable warmth of the stones beneath my feet and the pleasant smell of his garden. "Besides, I could think of worse ways to spend a Loredas."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

105 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:53 pm

"Same," I laugh as I finally set the console down so I can lean back with a hand behind me, the sound of the birds and the wind tickling across my ears. "So what now?" I ask as I pick up my own half empty glass of wine to take a sip. "The nights still young."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum