When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oogy Boogy Woogyman

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 23 of 23]

111 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:38 am

*Richard*

"Taught you, didn't I?" I grin as I continue to lean against the counter, arms crossed over my front as I nod toward the arguing couple. "Now maybe I'm makin' a point. Because as awful and prissy as that bleach blonde bitch in there is, she's probably the best thing that ever happened to my baby brother. And that spectacle is born out of more than just jealousy - which she is, don't get me wrong.

"But she also cares about him," I smile faintly as I look Ljuba over. "And this is what happens when you care. For him. You'll be minding your business, shopping for overpriced panties to flash to your boss, and the next thing you know, you're rushing over to here or there or wherever he happens to be because something has happened and you've been left with no choice but to drop everything and run.

"Mel's been doing it for over a year," I shrug. "Still has only the barest hint of what goes on with him. But she'll tell you better than I ever could - stay away from him. For your own good."

View user profile

112 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:53 am

"Hmm," I seem to mull over the information he's given me, my fingers tracing along the edge of my wine glass as I frown. "Am I supposed to be scared..?" I say quietly, "No, no. That isn't the right word... You'll have to forgive me, because despite what this vox sounds like, the common tongue isn't my first, so I sometimes get a little bungled.

"I'm supposed to be worried. Worried that I've gotten myself into something I don't want to deal with?" I clarify, "I'm not sure that's the most eloquent version, either, but it'll do for now. Look, I don't care if he's got a nutty ex or two, or if he likes to drink when being awake is too hard to deal with. In fact, I probably have more experience in the latter than you'd think. What it's like to want to numb everything because being alive is just hard

"It's simple, really. He's got his demons, but to think I don't or... can't handle that?" I say evenly, adjusting my mask a bit to take a drink of wine. "That's just naive."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

113 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:11 am

"Want is the word I'm more concerned with," I say simply, any trace of amusement gone from my voice as I give her a hard look. "We Mercer boys, we know a thing or two about demons. And we deal with them remarkably well, given their nature.

"But, see, Marnie hasn't figured it all out just yet," I nearly whisper as I take a few steps closer to her, getting probably a little too close as I reach up to brush a stray lock of hair back, tucking it behind her ear as I force a smile at her. "He still thinks there's a girl or a boy or a god out there somewhere that's gonna save him. He thinks that if he tries real hard and smiles real sweet, some angel will fall in his lap and take it all away. And every time - and I mean every fucking time - I get to be the one to pick up the pieces. 

"And they're ugly pieces, Mrs. Pandev," I breathe against her ear before taking my time to step back so I can smile at her warmly. "So, I guess the point I'm trying to make isn't so much flee, as it is choose. Because if you can't hack it, or if you don't want to hack it, this is your last opportunity to walk away before your departure starts to accrue-," I pause to roll my eyes toward the ceiling, my lips twisting thoughtfully before I smile as I find the word I'm looking for. "Consequences."

View user profile

114 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:25 am

"Wh-" I heave as quietly as I can manage, looking at Richard in a look that can only be considered a mixture of fear and disgust. "What did you call me?"

I can't wait for a response as I step around him, looking back towards the sunroom as my hands begin to wring anxiously. I'm practically panting as I head for the foyer, stopping only to turn back at a loss. 

"He can have the books, I- I don't care about my shoes... Just- I'm gone. I'll stay gone." I say roughly, glaring at Richard as the pain of a clenched jaw brings my eyes to watering. "You're a monster." I hiss before turning for the door.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

115 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:31 am

"Be seeing you!" I call after her in a cheery sing-song, my fingers twiddling a goodbye as I scoop up the glass she's left behind to finish it off, now humming cheerfully as I make my way into the sunroom to watch the entertainment of Marn and Mel's argument.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum