When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oogy Boogy Woogyman

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

96 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:08 pm

Laughing thickly, I hug the plant to my front as I follow him. 

"You're a rotten brother, and I suddenly understand why he's mean to your friends."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

97 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:13 pm

"Oh no, he earned that!" I say quickly, a note of outrage creeping into my voice even after all these years. "He told Abby Jennings I still wet the bed and slept with a white noise bear. She was my date for the school dance, and I wound up going to pick her up only to have her and her new boyfriend laugh me off her front porch. Worst night of my life... bastards lucky I didn't glue it to his pecker."

View user profile

98 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:16 pm

"You two deserve each other." I shake my head, rolling my eyes as we walk through the foyer into the sunroom. "Where do you keep your soil?"

99 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:18 pm

"Under the counter over here," I respond as I go to fetch it along with a few pots that might work. "There are a few others that could probably use a transplant, too."

View user profile

100 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:33 pm

"So what exactly was the project you needed help with, for that other job?" I ask, laying out the various posts and such on the table as I get oriented. "Or was this all a ploy to get me to do your gardening for you?"

101 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:45 pm

"No, no," I laugh as I step away to get the interface pad I'd created for the other project. "But that's a good one, I'll have to remember that. But no, it's an irrigation system. I'm trying to program it to only water certain plants as needed, though. I have the grid with the plants programmed in, I just... don't know how often the plants need watered..."

View user profile

102 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:22 pm

We start the process of replanting his pothos as we discuss the layout of plants for his irrigation system, taking breaks on occasion to go grab the books from upstairs and fix glasses of wine to celebrate what little work has been accomplished. 

We've gotten nearly 80% of the irrigation system sorted, and any plants that needed repotting have been seen to. It's still warm outside when we open the doors and drift out onto the back steps overlooking the garden. My shoes have long been forgotten under the table, and my feet stretch across the cobblestones as I take a seat on the top step, wine glass in hand. 

Marnin is just making his way out to join me when I hear the sound of someone else moving further in the house, and I can only assume Richard is making his way out from the basement for... Whatever reason he's drummed up. Food. Sunlight. The chance to be rude. It's anyone's guess. Still, I ignore the sound of a possible intrusion as I glance up to Marnin sinking into the spot beside me. 

"So the last few plants, I don't think they're in those books, but I might have another book at my apartment I can check." I say, the slightest tinge of intoxication tainting my words, "And with that, I'd say our work for today might be done."

103 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:37 pm

"Looks like!" I respond, still tinkering away at the console as I sit down beside her, fully distracted by the task at hand. "Hey, I just want to say, I really appreciate your help... I've been procrastinating this job for ages, and my client is - well, not happy. But building bridges with witches is not an easy task, and if I just asked him for the information I needed to finish the project, he'd think I was unfit for the job. Soo... yeah, I'm grateful, to say the least."

View user profile

104 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:47 pm

"It's the least of what I owed you," I shrug, taking a long drink of wine as I set my glass between us and rest against my knees, enjoying the comfortable warmth of the stones beneath my feet and the pleasant smell of his garden. "Besides, I could think of worse ways to spend a Loredas."

105 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:53 pm

"Same," I laugh as I finally set the console down so I can lean back with a hand behind me, the sound of the birds and the wind tickling across my ears. "So what now?" I ask as I pick up my own half empty glass of wine to take a sip. "The nights still young."

View user profile

106 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:01 am

"Ah," I sigh, shrugging a bit as I look over at him and tuck the chin of my mask onto my shoulder, "I'm pretty sure I have a sink full of dishes and a bed full of laundry to do." I say softly, "I sort of scurried to get ready this morning after oversleeping."

107 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:11 am

"Aww," I frown sadly, my glass falling to rest on my knee as I tilt my head toward her. "Well, that's a shame, I've had fun this afternoon." 

I'm just about to invite her back tomorrow when I hear voices coming from behind me. I freeze as I listen, Richard's voice coming as no surprise, but the second one sucks all the joy out of the air as a stark frown pinches across my face.

"Marnin?" the voice echoes through the house, growing agitated as Richard continues trying to talk to her despite her mission to find me.

"Son of a bitch," I groan as I sit up and make the effort to get to my feet despite the way the world wants to turn on its side, thanks to the bottle and a half Ljuba and I have managed to finish off. "Richard, if you invited her, I swear to god-!"

"I didn't!" I hear his voice squeak from somewhere in the kitchen, his amusement betraying any innocence he might have had. "We were just chatting - phones, you know - and I mentioned you might have a girl over. I forgot she's a jealous psychopath."

View user profile

108 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:15 am

I can barely make out what Richard's yelling, the sound of another voice leaving me thoroughly confused as i twist about in my spot on the steps as Marnin nearly stumbles before getting hold of the door frame. 

"Marn!?" The woman's voice pierces a bit more sharply that time, and my brow pinches uncertainly as I move to stand myself. Marnin is clearly more drunk than I am.

109 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:24 am

I wince as I hear the click of expensive heels clacking across the floor in the sunroom, Melinda's presence making me cringe as I wave back at Ljuba. "It's fine, everything's fine," I insist before I'm shoved out of the doorway so Melinda can get past me.

"So it's true, then?!" she asks loudly, pointing toward Ljuba in disgust, an expensive bag dangling from her arm. "It's barely been two months, and you're already chasing after some other skank?!"

"Mel, it's been six months, and I am not chasing after anybody!" I protest, trying to usher her back into the sunroom and away from Ljuba.

"It's been less than two months since you last called me, drunk as a skunk then as well, to come wet your grubby little dick!" Melinda snaps as she shoves my hand off of her arm. "And I did, because that's what a loving girlfriend does! Even if you are a drunk and a loser!"

View user profile

110 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:28 am

"I'm gonna let you two talk," I say stiffly, pushing myself upright and grabbing my wine glass as I slip into the sunroom. I don't stop as I hear Marn try to call after me, his attempt to stop me failing miserably as the blonde woman continues to shrilly tear into him. 

I don't bother grabbing my shoes or my books as I head into the kitchen, only straightening my mask to better conceal my mouth as I set my glass on the island and look at Richard tiredly. 

"Subtle." I say, looking at him pointedly, "He'd worried earlier because you were being too quiet, and I thought, No, maybe he's just being a mature adult. You showed me, though."

111 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:38 am

*Richard*

"Taught you, didn't I?" I grin as I continue to lean against the counter, arms crossed over my front as I nod toward the arguing couple. "Now maybe I'm makin' a point. Because as awful and prissy as that bleach blonde bitch in there is, she's probably the best thing that ever happened to my baby brother. And that spectacle is born out of more than just jealousy - which she is, don't get me wrong.

"But she also cares about him," I smile faintly as I look Ljuba over. "And this is what happens when you care. For him. You'll be minding your business, shopping for overpriced panties to flash to your boss, and the next thing you know, you're rushing over to here or there or wherever he happens to be because something has happened and you've been left with no choice but to drop everything and run.

"Mel's been doing it for over a year," I shrug. "Still has only the barest hint of what goes on with him. But she'll tell you better than I ever could - stay away from him. For your own good."

View user profile

112 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:53 am

"Hmm," I seem to mull over the information he's given me, my fingers tracing along the edge of my wine glass as I frown. "Am I supposed to be scared..?" I say quietly, "No, no. That isn't the right word... You'll have to forgive me, because despite what this vox sounds like, the common tongue isn't my first, so I sometimes get a little bungled.

"I'm supposed to be worried. Worried that I've gotten myself into something I don't want to deal with?" I clarify, "I'm not sure that's the most eloquent version, either, but it'll do for now. Look, I don't care if he's got a nutty ex or two, or if he likes to drink when being awake is too hard to deal with. In fact, I probably have more experience in the latter than you'd think. What it's like to want to numb everything because being alive is just hard

"It's simple, really. He's got his demons, but to think I don't or... can't handle that?" I say evenly, adjusting my mask a bit to take a drink of wine. "That's just naive."

113 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:11 am

"Want is the word I'm more concerned with," I say simply, any trace of amusement gone from my voice as I give her a hard look. "We Mercer boys, we know a thing or two about demons. And we deal with them remarkably well, given their nature.

"But, see, Marnie hasn't figured it all out just yet," I nearly whisper as I take a few steps closer to her, getting probably a little too close as I reach up to brush a stray lock of hair back, tucking it behind her ear as I force a smile at her. "He still thinks there's a girl or a boy or a god out there somewhere that's gonna save him. He thinks that if he tries real hard and smiles real sweet, some angel will fall in his lap and take it all away. And every time - and I mean every fucking time - I get to be the one to pick up the pieces. 

"And they're ugly pieces, Mrs. Pandev," I breathe against her ear before taking my time to step back so I can smile at her warmly. "So, I guess the point I'm trying to make isn't so much flee, as it is choose. Because if you can't hack it, or if you don't want to hack it, this is your last opportunity to walk away before your departure starts to accrue-," I pause to roll my eyes toward the ceiling, my lips twisting thoughtfully before I smile as I find the word I'm looking for. "Consequences."

View user profile

114 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:25 am

"Wh-" I heave as quietly as I can manage, looking at Richard in a look that can only be considered a mixture of fear and disgust. "What did you call me?"

I can't wait for a response as I step around him, looking back towards the sunroom as my hands begin to wring anxiously. I'm practically panting as I head for the foyer, stopping only to turn back at a loss. 

"He can have the books, I- I don't care about my shoes... Just- I'm gone. I'll stay gone." I say roughly, glaring at Richard as the pain of a clenched jaw brings my eyes to watering. "You're a monster." I hiss before turning for the door.

115 Re: Oogy Boogy Woogyman on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:31 am

"Be seeing you!" I call after her in a cheery sing-song, my fingers twiddling a goodbye as I scoop up the glass she's left behind to finish it off, now humming cheerfully as I make my way into the sunroom to watch the entertainment of Marn and Mel's argument.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum