When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where Truth Lies

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 31 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 61]

1 Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:00 am

I can hear the sound of Mister Box two doors down wheeling down towards the mailboxes, and I vacantly wonder if it's really been two Fredais since I'd holed up in this apartment in my panic. Or just... one? How long have I been asleep?

My body aches and I'm covered in a cold sweat as I shift around to kick at the radiator, idly wondering if it's broken or if my body's so lost in withdrawals I've lost the ability to tell hot from cold. My supply of moppy ran out two days ago, that much I know for certain. But how recently I've heard my neighbor's rickety chair squeak past..? That's a mystery.

For a moment I consider food, but I know all too well that the ice box is emptied of anything edible. No. There's nothing of use left in this apartment. The blinds have been drawn to keep out the sunlight, the food eaten and drugs consumed. All that's left is the piles of useless shit for magic I can't use. I haven't left the confines of my apartment building once since I returned home from Marnin's almost a week (or was it two?) ago. His vox unit, and it's mask, are sitting abandoned near the stove, hidden underneath a blanket. I don't know why, but looking at it leaves me feeling guilty. Makes me feel sick

Or perhaps that's the withdrawals, too. Without the concoctions from the Poth, sleep is almost impossible. Between the nerve pain and searing headaches, I've been blessed with the addition of sporadic seizures. For someone who hasn't done more than walk to the toilet down the hall every day or so, I've never been more exhausted in my life. And the haze of the drugs have long gone, leaving me entirely aware of the shithole I'd dug for myself.

When I hear a sharp wrap at the door, I yell incoherently towards it - the fact I'm not wearing my vox unit never occurring to me as I yell for them to leave it at the door. Though, whatever sounds they could make out, I doubt they sounded anything like what I'd intended.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

2 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:07 am

I raise an eyebrow at the garbled yelling, choosing to ignore whatever meaning was meant to be behind it as I utter a few words under my breath. The click of her locks unlatching is satisfying - just as satisfying as the creak of the door as I push it open slowly, my knuckles knocking on it lightly as I step in uninvited.

"You really should invest in better locks," I chide as I shake a thermos in her directions. "I bring libations, m'lady. Wee bit of moppy mixed with a touch more moppy... and a splash of tea for flavor."

View user profile

3 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:10 am

I'm almost certain my grip on reality isn't as good as I'd thought it was as I look up at Richard in bewildered disbelief. More nonsensical sounds escape me as though I'm speaking to him clearly, but even I can't make sense of them as I hear them aloud.

4 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:13 am

"Babe, you sound like you've got a little something in your mouth," I comment at a loss, making a lewd gesture with my fist before I shake my head at her and look around the apartment with a frown. "Where's your - thing? That collar Marn made you?"

View user profile

5 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:16 am

I gesture shakily towards the corner of the kitchen to his left, shifting uncomfortably to sit against the corner behind me as I work my jaw uncomfortably. I can hear stuff clatter against the counters and the floor as he haphazardly looks for the collar, my eyes squinting against the light of the hall as I look up at him. 

"Are-" I start roughly, the tension in my jaw sending jolts of pain across my skull as I inhale shakily, "you... real?"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 61]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 31 ... 61  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum