When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where Truth Lies

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 13]

101 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:12 am

I shrug a bit as I frown at him, "I d'know. Probably..." I sigh, reaching out to take the thermos back. "Maybe you shouldn't."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

102 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:19 am

I very nearly whine as I let the thermos go reluctantly, my lip catching between my teeth. Sighing, I concede that it's probably not a good idea as I rub at a fading bruise below my eye roughly.

"Just the same," I shrug as I turn to the fridge to pull out the eggs and ham to make some eggs. "I still have some of my own stuff to finish off before Richard flies through like the angel of fucking abstinence and trashes it all. I feel like I should get a refund given that I'm ninety-nine percent certain it's his guy I'm getting it from."

View user profile

103 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:21 am

"What do you say you slow it down and ration it out?" I offer hesitantly, unsure of how he'll respond to my input on the matter. "Avoid withdrawals, if you can?"

104 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:27 am

"Yeah, I've already started to taper down," I nod as I glance back at her, my hand reaching up blindly to unhook a skillet from the rack over the stove. "It's really hard to train when I can barely stand up straight. I just needed that pick me up to get my ass out of bed and downstairs."

View user profile

105 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:31 am

I nod as I take another long swig of tea, watching him move about the kitchen with the slightest trudge of druggedness. 

"If you want, Marn, I can cook and you can go shower?" I offer, "Might feel better to eat all clean and in dry clothes. I can even bring it upstairs if I'm done soon enough?"

106 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:34 am

"Would you..?" I ask as I frown back at her, a moment of guilt causing me to falter. "I mean, you don't have to... I can take care of myself. But if you want to?"

View user profile

107 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:38 am

"I know you can," I nod, slipping around the island to take the skillet from him as I come to stand before him, "I just don't want to stand around here doing nothing. Besides, I can cook something for both of us, and I won't have to eat your cooking." I add with a smirk.

108 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:46 am

"I make amazing eggs, thank you very much," I respond with a smirk, my eyes fixed on nothing as I find myself swaying closer to her. I catch my footing as my hand drops to the counter to steady me, my gaze flickering upward just a hair as I step back. 

"Something with a lot of protein?" I ask as I pause to grab another beer from the fridge on my way to the stairs in the other room. "I don't want to waste that whole workout."

View user profile

109 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:07 am

"One high protein breakfast," I call, dipping into the fridge behind him as he disappears through the foyer. I vaguely hear his response before being left to myself in the kitchen, the task of cooking doing wonders to distract myself from the earlier stress of being here.

110 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:38 pm

I'm unsteady on my feet as I make my way upstairs and into the large bathroom that branches off of my bedroom. I'm already halfway done with the beer I had gotten from the fridge, my attention wavering slightly as I pause at the sink to grab the bottle of pills tucked inside the tissue container. I dump them on the counter, not wanting to bother with the dexterity required of my sore fingers to fish the pills from the vial. 

Grabbing a couple (or three or four), I pop them into my mouth and chase them down with another large gulp of beer before making my way over to the tub to fill it. Granted, it would be far easier just to take a quick rinse in the shower, but I don't trust in my ability to remain standing for that long. As it is, it takes an embarrassing amount of effort to adjust the taps and strip out of my clothes without falling into the tub I'm using for support.

The hot water is heaven on my aching joints when I finally do sink into the tub, beer poised on the edge as I make myself more comfortable. My toes stretch under the stream of water, the ache of bruises from kicking the bag twinging with relief at the hot spray.

By the time I've gotten around to turning the water off and soaping down, I've become comfortably buzzed, the ache in my joints easing into numbness. Or rather, everything fades into numbness - fingers, toes, lips, all of it. I almost regret the decision to down those extra pills as I try fruitlessly to listen in on Ljuba downstairs, my hand drifting down my abdomen lazily. If I were less dazed, I might take the time to have a wank, but as it stands... well, it's not standing. 

But it still doesn't hurt to daydream, does it?

View user profile

111 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:47 pm

I'm finished with cooking sooner than I'd thought, given there's no sign of Marnin as I dole everything out onto plates. After a bit of digging, I manage to find a tray that will fit all of the plates for me to take upstairs. Balancing the tray on one arm, I head through the foyer and upstairs as I call to Marnin absently. I half expect he's fallen asleep in the bath given his state when I'd found him.

"Marn?" I call again, coming through the sitting room before setting the tray on the foot of the bed. "Marn..?"

112 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:08 am

I'm not sure where the voice is coming from as I seem to float weightlessly, the remnants of an unsettling dream flitting from my mind. I can hear Ljuba's knuckles rapping on the door gently, but the soft sound is nothing short of jarring as it startles me into consciousness. Still, it takes her voice and the sound of her feet on the tile coming closer to really pull me back to the present.

Water sloshes over the edge of the tub as I sit up abruptly, my hand dragging across the dazed look on my face as I try to make sense of her presence over the distracting sound of the water. I know I look confused as Ljuba continues to talk, her presence lingering on the edge of the room.

"Wha-?" I mumble groggily, my hand fishing around the edge of the tub for... something. I don't know. "Where's m' phone?"

View user profile

113 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:14 am

"Your phone..?" I frown as I look around the dimly lit bathroom, "I don't know..? Where would it be..?"

114 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:25 am

"What?" I ask, even more confused at the mention of my phone. "No, I don't have a phone? It's in the kitchen." I frown as I twist in the tub, fumbling clumsily for the drain before I try to get out. 

"Can you hand me a towel?" I ask, finally finding my thoughts as I stop before I've fully lifted myself out of the water. "There's in the closet to the left of the sinks... on the little-," I try to make a shape with my hands to indicate the sideways wall where the towels are. "Chest high, if you feel the shirts, you went too far."

View user profile

115 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:32 am

I nod with a touch of amusement as I head back towards the sinks in the hunt for the closet.

"Your food's in the bedroom." I call as I find the towels, holding the plush feeling fabric to my front as I close the closet back and move to bring it back to him. "You feeling any better?"

116 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:43 am

"Loads," I respond, almost certain my tongue has slurred the single word as I stand up on wobbly legs to take the towel and step out. I feel a tiny bit flustered as I lose my footing and find myself clutching at her arm to steady myself. 

"Sorry, sorry," I say quickly, somehow managing to keep the towel around myself despite the suddeness of not being in the tub.

View user profile

117 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:06 am

"You can't fall," I say as I grab his arms to try and steady him, "There's no way I'd catch you. I'd do good to just break your fall."

118 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:17 am

"I'm good, it's fine!" I say quickly as I manage to steady myself before pulling the towel around me a little more tightly. "It wouldn't be the first time I've bit it on this floor - practically married to that one over there," I nod as I nudge a broken tile with my toe, the effort to do so throwing off my balance as I sway slightly. "Heh - maybe we should go eat?"

View user profile

119 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:20 am

"Maybe," I grin, still holding awkwardly to his arm as I try to keep my gaze from wandering any lower than his shoulders. His very broad shoulders. 

"Where're your clothes, I can grab them for you?"

120 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:32 am

"Um," I pause, my gaze fixating on a spot far away in the darkness before my head twitches upward toward the dressing room. "I forgot to grab some... they're still in the closet on the other side of the dressing room."

View user profile

121 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:35 am

"The wh-" I frown, glancing around as I shake my head. "I'll let you grab them, I'll just step out and set up a spot for us to eat, okay?"

122 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:40 am

"That-," I nod quickly, becoming more and more aware of my nudity as the chill in the room starts to sink in. "That actually sounds fantastic. Third date! I already showed you my tuckus, gotta wait for the third if you want to peek at anything else."

View user profile

123 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:42 am

I smile slightly at his quip, turning back towards the bedroom as I use my fingers to guide myself through the dim room. 

"I cooked you dinner again, this could be a third date, depending how you look at it." I say teasingly, knocking at the door frame before leaving the bathroom entirely.

124 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:56 am

"It could," I admit, nodding thoughtfully as I listen to her leave the room. I can't help the faint smile that lingers on my lips as I wonder about the flirting, if there's anything behind it or not. Sighing, I make my way to the closet, my feet moving slowly in front of me as I try to compensate with the effects of the drugs circulating in my system.

It takes me awhile to dry off and find a pair of night clothes whose fabric doesn't scratch across my skin, irritating my drugged senses. I can hear Ljuba moving around in the sitting room, the light clatter of plates and silverware sounding abnormally loud as it rings against my ears and echoes around inside my head, creating a field of vision that seems to flash before my eyes.

I have to take a few minutes after I've finished getting dressed and fidgeting with my hair just to still the noise threatening to give me a headache. It's one of the reasons I don't usually use when there's company around... but at the same time, I kind of enjoy the stark, vibrant images Ljuba's incessant noise-making creates.

"So what did we make?" I ask as I finally drag myself out into the sitting room, picking my way carefully to one of the couches.

View user profile

125 Re: Where Truth Lies on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:00 am

"Well, I'm a little drugged, myself, and my tea is sinking in... so nothing too creative." I say thickly as I stare down at the plates in front of me on the coffee table in the sitting room. 

"There's biscuits - but the real simple sort - and some eggs, and a touch of ham I found in your fridge. Thickly cut and pan fried, and then covered in a napkin because the smell made me sick." I add with a bit of a flurry, sitting back and relaxing for the first time since I'd sent him off to bathe. The sensation that washes over me is slow but heavy, and my limbs feel weighted down as I gesture towards my own plate. 

"And I got... a biscuit."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum