When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where Truth Lies

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 61]

16 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:21 am

"Make him smile," I say stiffly as I return to give her the mask. "If you can do that, I'll find you another job. But for now, that's your priority.

"As for your friends?" I sigh as I take a seat again, my gaze wandering around the filthy apartment with a distasteful frown. "Well, I just hope there were no towns below us last night."

View user profile

17 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:24 am

I take the mask from him warily, looking down at it uncertainly before putting it on. My fingers trace the outlines of it for a moment before I place both hands around the thermos.

"Why..?" I press on, "I mean... Not the below us thing, but... Why?"

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

18 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:34 am

"My brother hasn't been sober in two weeks," I say simply as I pull a thing of cigarettes from my pocket, not bothering to ask if I can light one up in her apartment. "Has hardly bothered to visit that obnoxious shop of his. And much as I love visiting my childhood home, I rather miss sleeping in my own bed and not having a drug addict try to clock me every time I pick him up off of the floor. It's... messy. I don't like messy."

View user profile

19 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:55 am

I nod weakly, emotion threatening me again as I wipe at my cheek and stare at the thermos evasively. 

"What do I tell him..?"

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

20 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:02 am

"You'll figure it out," I shrug as I watch her thoughtfully. "He's met with you only a handful of times, and already he seems taken with you. That can only mean there is some cleverness to you that I've only glimpsed.

"Tell him you fell ill," I offer blandly. "That you got caught up with your work. Whatever it takes to convince him that I didn't scare you off. Or, more importantly, that he didn't."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 61]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32 ... 61  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum