When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where Truth Lies

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 61]

21 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:17 am

"He's not stupid," I breathe softly, putting the thermos on the window sill as I shove the blankets away from my legs as I begin to get uncomfortably hot. I can't seem to sit still as I pull the sleeves of my sweater up, adjusting my collar anxiously. 

"He'll know I'm lying before I even try."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

22 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:21 am

"You're right, he will," I nod as I light my cigarette and take a long drag from it. "So you better sell it, or make him too happy to care. He'll be waking up in a couple of hours, which gives you time to bathe and clean something before catching him in between trips. I'd rather you didn't wait until tomorrow."

View user profile

23 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:32 am

"What?" I look up at him desperately, "Today?

"I- I can't go that far." I whine softly, "I haven't slept in days, I hurt everywhere. I can't walk that-" I inhale unsteadily as I force myself to hold the breath, letting it out slowly. 

"I know you don't care," I cry quietly as I try to steady my breathing, a hand resting against my chest as though guiding it's rising and falling, "But I've been really sick, and I'm scared, so I need you to-"

I falter as I reach down to brush my fingers against the photographs again, a sob breaking what little composure I had, "Promise me they're safe." I say, "I need to hear it, please."

24 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:39 am

My teeth clench together as she speaks before I finally let out a sigh as my expression softens. "They're fine," I say with what gentleness I can muster. Normally, I wouldn't have any to spare, but the past two weeks has left more than just one person tired and off of their game. 

"I've already sent people to check in on them," I offer with a little more composure as I get to my feet to start toward the door. "Take the evening. Get yourself cleaned up, make your teas, eat something... I'll have someone stop in with everything you need. But I'm leaving Marnie's in the morning. I expect you to be there to take my place."

View user profile

25 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:45 am

"Wait-" I rasp as I struggle up onto my knees in an attempt to stand. I don't want to be left alone, but I know he's not the person to be looking to for sympathy. Still, the thought of the door closing behind him and leaving me isolated is enough to bring out the strangled plea for him to stay.

"I'll go, but please... Wait."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 61]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33 ... 61  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum