When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where Truth Lies

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 61]

6 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:22 am

"That's a popular topic for debate," I comment as I find the collar, a look of disgust flickering across my face as I wipe my hand on my shirt after touching the mess on the counter. "But yes, I'm very real."

Handing her the collar, I nod toward her face as I pull out a straw from my jacket pocket. "I had a little run-in with the charming men who gave that to you," I say as I open the straw and put it in the thermos before handing it to her as well. "They had a letter they wanted to deliver to you. I didn't think you would mind if I took the liberty of standing in as their messenger."

View user profile

7 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:26 am

I pull the collar on quickly, fastening it clumsily as it seems to buzz into life. 

"What're you talking about?" I ask once I'm confident the collar is on, though my own broken words still mix with it uncomfortably. Taking the thermos, I sniff at it warily before setting it between my legs, watching Richard closely. "A letter?"

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

8 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:32 am

"Photos," I correct as I shove the mess off of the single chair in the room and pull it over to sit down. Unbuttoning my jacket, I take my seat, my legs crossing in front of me before I bother to pull the envelope from my pocket. "Well, photos and a few letters. A few sentences, to be more correct."

I watch her closely as I hand it to her, my eyes flicking across every little twitch of her demeanor as she takes the envelope. "Apologies," I frown as I nod toward the broken seal. "I opened it. Curiosity, you know... one of my numerous flaws."

View user profile

9 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:47 am

Taking the envelope, I pry it open with trembling fingers before pulling out it's contents. The slip of paper wrapped around the photos goes ignored as I let out a heaving sob, holding onto one of the photographs as my fingers trace the faces of my husband and growing daughter unsteadily. 

For a moment, I entirely forget that Richard is watching me as I stare at the picture longingly. It's the only piece of them I've seen since leaving over two years ago, and it's several long minutes before the voyeuristic nature of the photographs starts to unsettle me. Picking up the slip of paper, I read it over briefly before an unnatural sound tears out of me, and I drop the paper as though it'd burned me as I look up to Richard.

"No, please, no!" I sob weakly, nearly toppling over the thermos as I shift forward in my eagerness to plea with the man, "They didn't do anything, please don't let them hurt them!"

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

10 Re: Where Truth Lies on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:59 am

I can't help my automatic withdrawal from her touch, my fingers having to forcibly pry her hand from mine as I frown at the unpleasantness of her pleading. "Stop begging, girl, and drink your tea," I say sharply as I pull a handkerchief from my pocket to wipe my hands on. 

"It so happens that I've already found myself displeased with this... situation," I confess as I tuck the handkerchief back in my jacket. "I wasn't sure until you confirmed it just now, but I had my suspicions. There's something distasteful about using one's family against them, isn't there? It lacks creativity, finesse.

"I'm willing to fix your problem for you, Mrs. Pandev," I say, getting down to business as I adjust my jacket absently. "If for no better reason than because your... friends... offend me. But there are conditions to my kindness, if you accept."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 61]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31 ... 61  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum