When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Backslide and New Associates

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 83]

11 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:11 am

I raise an eyebrow at that before glancing around her room curiously. The size is the first thing that I notice - the best she could afford, if I had to guess. Despite the clutter packed into the small space, I also notice how very hollow it feels. The lingering magic is more like a haunting than a living, breathing presence. I can't help the sad frown that flickers across my lips before I look back at her.

"Add it to your street cart, then," I offer as I reach over to drop the gift onto her alter, still taking care not to contaminate it with my touch. "It fetches some good coin in the right crowd."

View user profile

12 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:19 am

The first thought that flickers to mind is one of derision and pride, but I swallow it as I offer a weak smile. 

"I don't have anything to offer you, as the custom calls for-" I say as I look around the small apartment before shrugging, "but your gift is appreciated. 

"I don't believe I've caught your name, though?"

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

13 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:24 am

"Lavellan," I offer, my hand failing to stretch out to offer her my fingertips in the customary touch that is so often employed by witches. Instead, I simply glance at hers, noting the markings there with interest before I return my gaze to her face.

"And you..?" I ask despite already knowing the answer.

View user profile

14 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:37 am

"My vox can't pronounce it," I smirk slightly, "Nomad tech - albeit amazing, is still lacking.

"Lou works, though." I say more firmly, my weight shifting. My gaze never leaves Lavellan as I shift, my hands tucking behind my back as I notice his gaze roaming towards them. I don't like the curious way he seems to inspect me, or the familiarity in his greeting. Though, whether it's simply a bad taste in my mouth from home or Lavellan himself, I can't pinpoint. 

"So should we go..? I can't imagine Richard enjoys being kept waiting."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

15 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:39 am

"Mmm, yes, I suppose," I nod as I step back toward the door, my hand never coming in contact with anything she might touch as I wave a hand to open it with my magic instead. "After you," I offer, gesturing toward the open door.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 83]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43 ... 83  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum