When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Backslide and New Associates

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 17]

76 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:29 pm

"Have you lost your mind!?" I gape at him as I shake my head, raising the handful of papers towards him as I refuse his request. "I'm not wearing that, I'm not-"

Inhaling sharply, my arm drops to my side as I frown at him. "Call someone to bring me back to the city, I'll go see him, but-" I shake my head at the dress, "You're not dressing me."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

77 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:36 pm

"You have to!" I can feel my eyes widen as my heart begins pounding, panicked, in my chest. "He took so much - it has to be perfect or he'll know it's me trying to look after him! If he knows, he might take more-"

View user profile

78 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:46 pm

"What the fuck are you on about!?" I say more loudly, stepping away from him as I step behind a chair to keep some distance. "You can't control every aspect of his life! What is wrong with you!?"

79 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:55 pm

"Don't tell me what I can't control!" I scream as the last vestiges of my control snap, hot tears blinding me as they spill out onto my already raw cheeks. "I CONTROL EVERYTHING! Now you're going to FIX THIS! Because he trusts you! He trusts you, and if you don't - if he dies because of me -" I stalk up to her, practically climbing over the chair as I bare my teeth at her, my nails catching her arm as I jerk her toward me. "I will rip the heart out of you."

View user profile

80 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:21 am

My heart pounds as he stares me down, the budding threat of magic in my gut as my fingers grip at the athame at my side. The stack of papers fall to the floor as he grips my arm, my eyes widening in appalled anger as he threatens me. It's then the burst of magic twists from threat into reality. I can see it in his eyes as the room threatens to melt around us, my arm jerking from his grip as I step forward. Close enough we share breath. 

The blade of my athame raises to his throat, it's sharpened point digging threateningly into the soft skin under his jaw as I curl the fingers of my free hand into his shirt. 

"Your hearts exposed, and mine's a world away." I hiss at him, my blood boiling as the heat of my own magic burns through me. It's a sensation I haven't felt in ages, but it's intoxicating as I pull myself closer to him, our chests separated by only my own arms and blade. "Threaten me again."

A flutter of hope has me wishing he would, that he would push my limits and the years of repressed magic could overcome me as I keep the blade at his throat. But those hopes are crushed as I hear the sound of the door nearly flying off it's hinges behind Richard, and reality snapping back into shape around us as Lavellan makes his way inside.

81 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:56 am

*Lavellan*

I haven't missed a word of their conversation as I lingered, a shapeless mist, outside the door. The pounding of my heart when I take shape again, busting in the door quickly, has far less to do with adrenaline than it does a very particular kind of arousal. I can taste the power lingering in the room, my eyes practically burning with hunger as I fix them on Ljuba.

The I knew it doesn't seem to register with her as she steps back quickly, her hands coming up innocently. Before she can open her hand to drop the athame, however, I squeeze my hand shut and utter an incantation to tighten her grip on the razor sharp blade.

"Do not disarm yourself," I say sharply, my breath coming out heavily as I tear my gaze away to evaluate Richard's response, my hand still held up toward Ljuba - just barely holding her still with the nudge of my magic, it's presence doing more to probe and touch the lingering power flickering in her veins.

Richard, meanwhile, appears frozen aside from a tremble that quakes through his entire body. His eyes are wide, almost unseeing, as he stands there in shock. I frown as I step closer to him.

"Richard?" I speak slowly, my hand coming up carefully to touch his shoulder. I glance back at Ljuba uncertainly - my magic pressing into her more forcefully as I ensure that she has indeed let go of her spell. She has.

"Richard??" I try again, the barest hint of concern coloring my voice as I reach up to touch his cheek. The moment I do, the dam breaks, whatever grasp of magic he has having clung to those horrible images Ljuba had projected onto his psyche. The moment he breaks from the spells grasp, he erupts into hysterical tears, his whole body shaking violently as the sudden outburst startles me, my arms wrapping around him as much to restrain him as to soothe his violent screaming, sobs.

There's an eager intensity in my gaze as I hold onto Richard tightly and look back at Ljuba intently.

We'll head to Marnin's once he's calmed down, I say to her silently, the thoughts worming into her mind so Richard can't hear me. We'll pretend this never happened... as will he. But we'll all know that it did. Don't ever let him doubt that threat."

View user profile

82 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:05 am

"He's fine," I scowl, my grip on the blade no longer requiring Lavellan's assistance as I point it at Richard dismissively. "I didn't do anything to him..." I say, hesitating as I cock my head to look at the small smear of blood under the man's chin. "Well, nothing that'll scar."

Stepping away from Lavellan and Richard, I walk over the forgotten papers towards the door. 

"I'm going to check on Marnin. What's the doorman's name, Charlie?"

83 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:13 am

"You will do no such thing," my voice practically thunders, more for Richard's sake than any real anger. Not that he seems terribly coherent at the moment as I guide him over to the couch, his lips and fingers moving of their own accord as he stares off into space.

I frown at his questionable state of mind, a hint of concern lingering as I sigh and walk over to the door. I'm already pulling my phone from my pocket to dial his most recent lover - Bonnie? Glen? I don't know - as I nod for Ljuba to come with me as we leave Richard to mutter to himself.

View user profile

84 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:15 am

"Look, I'm sure the power play or whatever you're doing is really important, but I'm not interested. Do whatever you want with me, if you have to, but I'm not staying here." I hiss angrily as we step into the hall, my gaze following him in confusion as he holds the phone to his ear and looks back at me.

85 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:22 am

"What power play?" I frown as I look at her, becoming momentarily distracted as the voice on the other end of the line picks up. It's a male... it's infuriating that that sparks a tiny flicker of jealousy in me.

"Jonathan?" I ask, mildly relieved when I've gotten the name right. "It's Lavellan. Yeah. Richard is having one of his fits... could you come and sit with him while I go check on Marnie?"

I breathe a sigh of relief as I thank him and hang up the phone, tucking it into my pocket quickly as I return my attention to Ljuba.

"Let's go then, shall we?'

View user profile

86 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 am

I nod vaguely as I look up at him, my palms sweating against the athame as I take a long breath. 

"Yeah, right," I nod, exhaling loudly as I gesture towards the stairs and head that way before stopping to turn back and face him. "No, wait, I'm confused. What?"

87 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:30 am

"Checking on Marnin," I say slowly as I follow behind her, trying to usher her up the stairs with unnecessary proximity. "That's what triggered this whole mess, is it not?"

View user profile

88 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:31 am

"I know that," I scowl, pointedly stopping to face him as I wring my hands at my sides. "Why are you so... Agreeable about it, though..?"

89 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:34 am

"I'm not doing it for you," I admit after a moment of hesitation, my lips pulling down into an agitated frown. "If something happened to Marnin, it would kill Richard... if we were lucky."

View user profile

90 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:41 am

"Then," I nod, my nerves still shot as I glance over my shoulder towards the stairs. My skin feels like it's on fire as I shake my hands out anxiously, my heart still pounding - though slowing - as I turn towards the stairs to start back towards the front door. 

"How fast can you drive?"

91 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:46 am

"We aren't taking the car," I respond simply as I take her arm, pulling her down a side hall that will lead us to the travel platform in the basement. "There's a poth shop two blocks from his house. We can take the travel platform there and walk the two blocks. We can be there in less than five minutes."

View user profile

92 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:02 am

My nerves ignite as his hand catches my arm, and I pull from him despite keeping close to his side as we head towards the travel platform. 

"I wouldn't-" I say sharply, looking at him out of the corner of my eye as I hurry alongside him down the hall.

93 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:06 am

"You wouldn't what?" I ask, barely slowing as we hit the spiral staircase and hurry down into the basement, the stairs opening up directly into the travel room.

View user profile

94 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:09 am

"Grab me," I respond, almost annoyed that I can't go ahead of him without winding up lost.

95 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:16 am

"Or what?" I ask, stopping abruptly as the temptation stops me dead, my whole body tensing with anticipation as I twist around to face her.

View user profile

96 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:22 am

"Don't." I say coolly, my fingers dragging against my palms as I take a slight step back from him. My breathing picks up as I see him only watch me curiously, his posture leaning forward as though he's weighing whether or not to step forward as my hand smooths across my dress to look for the pocket where I'd shoved the athame. 

The wind is knocked out of me as his hands catch me, though, one catching me just below my jaw above the hem of the collar as the other wraps around my wrist, stopping my attempt for the knife cold. The rush of magic is quicker this time as it engulfs us both, my eyes meeting his defiantly as fire threatens to lick up our bodies, swalloing the walls surrounding us.

97 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:35 am

The adrenaline hits me hard as I shove her back into the wall, my body pressing against hers as I keep her gaze fixed in mine. My own magic mingles with hers aggressively, the force of them creating an intoxicating crackle in the air that can be felt dancing across our skin as the hair on our arms stand on end. It takes every bit of will I have not to be fooled and succumb to the illusion she forces into my mind, the intrusion and abnormal fear only increasing my excitement.

Without thinking, my thumb latches under the edge of her mask before pulling it off roughly. My breath hitches as I drop the mask so I can touch her face, my grip becoming rough when she tries to jerk her face away before my thumb can trace her damaged lips.

View user profile

98 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:44 am

I know I must look crazed, my eyes no doubt dilated with an unsettling surge of adrenaline as I attempt again to pull my face from his grip. Failing, my hand comes up to grip at his neck frantically as my other arm pulls fruitlessly against his hold, and I'm panting by the time I stop trying to struggle physically. 

I can feel the sweat beading across my skin as our magics intertwine, the high emanating from it twisting my fear into excitement as I open my mouth just slightly against his fingertip. 

"Get off," I growl, a sort of calm coming over me for a brief moment as my own voice mixes clumsily with the vox still attached to my throat.

99 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:49 am

"Make me," I growl savagely as I dig me nails into her skin, my hips grinding against hers as my arousal becomes more obvious. "Use it," I practically purr against her lips as I let my tongue tease across the damaged skin. "I know you can," I insist before forcing a rough kiss on her mangled mouth.

View user profile

100 Re: Backslide and New Associates on Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:02 am

I growl against his lips as I shove at him fruitlessly, a tease of arousal flickering in my gut as I writhe under his weight. Once his lips pull from mine, my head rests back against the wall as I fumble with the vox units quick release, the collar falling to the floor as the hallway shakes threateningly around us.

"поразот," I hiss, a pulse of energy emanating from my core as Lavellan is forced off of me, his back hitting the wall loudly. My chest heaves with excitement as I stare at him, stepping towards him before he has the chance to right himself as I catch his face and kiss him roughly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum