When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 45]

26 Re: These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:40 am

"What did you do?" I ask with a stark frown. After what she's said, I want to drop it. I want to just leave it alone, I do. But I know I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I didn't find out a little more. Especially realizing that everything she's told me makes her exactly the kind of person Richard looks for: a proverbial deadman. I have to know what potential she could have. "You had to have some purpose in your guild. What was it?"

View user profile

27 Re: These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:44 am

I blink back the tears as I turn to face him, "I fixed witnesses." I say simply, "Made them forget, or made them remember something new. Didn't matter."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

28 Re: These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:48 am

"You-," I can feel all the hope I'd been holding onto deflate out of me, my heart sinking into the pit of my stomach as I rest my face in my hand. I know firsthand how hard it is to come forward as a witness, how hard it is to convince one to share their story... the thought of her thwarting all of that courage, perverting any justice they could have brought to the world...

"Get out," I say softly.

View user profile

29 Re: These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:49 am

I stiffen as the words hit me, like a slap to the face. 

"What?" I ask, knowing I'd heard wrong.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

30 Re: These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:53 am

"Leave," I say more firmly, my jaw clicking as I turn a teary eyed glare on her. "I need time to think," I say more evenly, though the hollowness in my chest still rings with a fury that threatens to blow up if she tries to argue. "And I don't want you here while I do because I might say something I regret."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 45]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25 ... 45  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum