When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Everyone needs a fucking chill pill.

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 35 ... 69  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 69]

1 Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:13 pm

Further in debt. That's how I feel, having taken a single paper note from Lavellan to pay for the trolley fares that would get me home. I was still groggy from whatever he'd put in my tea, as well as my own tea, and the insanely deep sleep he'd awoken me from to send me packing. 

No small jobs for me today, afterall. Either he was bored of my company or genuinely had something else to attend to, I didn't care which was true. I just want to go home, and sleep in my own bed. 

I've nearly fallen asleep here on the trolley, the gentle rocking of the cars lulling me closer and closer as I rest my head on the top of my basket of things. I, no-doubt, look like a crazy person. I almost hadn't even bothered putting on my mask or collar this morning, instead trying to embrace the monstrosity of my own appearance. That and it's started to itch where the quick-release has been overused. 

It's a slow walk up to my front door, my key slipping in unnecessarily as I twist the knob and step into the darkness, entirely unaware of the man waiting for me.

Last edited by Ljuba on Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

2 Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:34 pm

I haven't slept since Ljuba left after confessing her dark past in my living room. My knuckles are bloodied and raw from my... therapeutic coping mechanisms. To match those, I'm also very aware of the painful swelling of my left cheek and eye, not to mention the coppery split of my lower lip. Still, my eventful, sleepless weekend has offered me a level of clarity and sobriety I haven't had in years.

I don't know how long I've waited before Ljuba finally comes in her front door, her body language betraying her lack of awareness as she lets herself in and begins shuffling around the dark apartment. I can smell Lavellan on her instantly, and the scent makes my stomach drop a little as I frown to myself.

"I've had some time to think," I say at last, unwilling to leave the silence any longer as I try to reel in my imagination.

View user profile

3 Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:43 pm

"Jeez-" I gasp, nearly dropping my basket before I can register the voice as I twist to peer into the darkness. I can vaguely see his silhouette against my window, my heart hammering in my chest as I reach out and cut on the light above the sink. 

"Marnin?"

4 Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:47 pm

"Well, I'm not Lavellan," I respond dryly, a faint frown coming to my lips. "But something tells me you already know where he is."

View user profile

5 Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:56 pm

"... What?" I gape at the question, letting the basket slide to the floor at my feet as I stare at him. Face bloodied and eyes swollen, it aches just looking at him.

"Marnin, my gods," I breathe, stepping towards him in concern, "What have you done to yourself?"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 69]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 35 ... 69  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum