When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Everyone needs a fucking chill pill.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 14]

151Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:22 am

"I'll go get his discharge started," The other doctor says simply, leaving the room as I look down at Marnin with a frown. 

"Does that mean I'm staying with you again?" I ask with a slight laugh, squeezing his hand as I drag my nails against the scrapes and cuts on his knuckles.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

152Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:29 am

"You don't have to," Marnin says softly, his demeanor unlike anything I've ever seen from him as he returns her gently touch.

"Actually, yes, she does," I frown apologetically. "You need observation for at least forty-eight hours. And she'll need to make sure you get your pills on time, and in the proper dose."

"I think I can count a few pills," Marnin frowns.

"Can you, though?" I ask sharply, my gaze flickering to Ljuba before I clear my throat and grab his chart. "You two sit tight. We'll have you out of here in no time."

View user profile

153Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:46 am

I frown as the doctor leaves the room, my eyebrows pinching slightly as I look down at Marnin. 

"Your doctor's a bit rude," I say lightly, pulling a chair up to sit at his bedside as I continue to trace the veins in his hand, "I like him."

Pacing the hallway, I've only managed to get angrier in the time that's passed between leaving the room and John stepping out. 

"Seriously, John?" I nearly snap, keeping my voice low as I step towards him, "Explain."

154Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:32 am

"It's a long story," I sigh as I glance around to make sure no one is around. Frowning, I nod for Vivienne to follow me to my office, Marnin's chart clattering on my desk the moment we make it through the door.

"Believe me, I was no more pleased than you are when I first met him, but," I sigh heavily as I sink into my chair, my fingers combing through my greying hair - it was much less grey when I met Marnin. "He saved my life, Viv. And I don't mean he kept me from getting run over by a carriage or something like that, I mean... he risked his life to save mine. He didn't even know me, he just heard me yelling and came running. He spent the next two weeks recovering on my couch, he was so fucked up afterward, but if he hadn't shown up...

"He's a good man, Viv," I sigh. "If he wound up costing me my license... well, it would be worth it, if I was able to help him."

"Yeah, he's okay," I smile as I try to sink further into the mattress, my ribs pinching sharply as I wince. He lied through his teeth about the pain meds, that much is certain. Trying to make a point, I'm sure. "Bit of a dick, for sure."

View user profile

155Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:39 pm

"That may be the case, John, but you don't get to make those decisions for other people." I frown, "I didn't spend the last eight years studying just to throw it away on some drug addict with a penchant for punching people.

"You should've put him through the system," I add, "I get why you didn't, but I can't say I agree."

156Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:38 pm

"I know, I know," I sigh. "I've put everything in the record under my name for that very reason. This is my problem, not yours. And I don't expect you to follow through with this case either."

View user profile

157Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:24 pm

"Good," I huff, lingering near the door as I glance back at my uncle. "And stop calling me Viv. I hate that name."

I sigh as I twist to open the door, tapping the edge of the wood absently. "I'll go call a transport and send them your way. After that, I'm done helping."

158Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:52 pm

"Viv-," I start before catching myself. "Vienne." I nod at her seriously when she looks back at me. "Thank you. I promise, I'll make this up to you. Anything you want, just name it, it's yours."

View user profile

159Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:56 pm

"I'll think on it," I quip, stepping out into the hall to set up Matthew's transport.

**~**

160Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:43 pm

*Marnin*

The next couple of days goes by remarkably fast, most of it spent sleeping. Dr. Vaernet had only given Ljuba enough pain meds to take the edge off so I could sleep - and sleep is all I do, the pain of cracked ribs, a splitting headache, and useless hands keeps me from wanting to move more than absolutely necessary.

When Ljuba has to leave, I'm left feeling both a little put out and relieved. On the one hand, I've spent the past two days feeling guilty and helpless while she fussed at my bedside, but on the other... I kind of enjoyed the company. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't kind of enjoy the way she fussed at me before leaving, ensuring I was comfortable before she would leave.

And, after sleeping for twelve hours, there's no doubt that I was, indeed, comfortable. At least until my bladder wakes me up, the insistent ache pulling me from a sound sleep.

"Lju-?" I murmur groggily, my mouth feeling dry as I lift my head in confusion. It takes me a moment to remember that she's not here, my head dropping back to the pillow in defeat. It takes me a minute to find the motivation to force myself out of bed, my steps hesitant and slow as I make my way into the bathroom.

It's embarrassing how long it takes me to find the toilet, my bladder threatening to lose it's fight when I finally find it. After relieving myself, I manage to wash my hands, my dizziness becoming more and more pronounced as I try to make it back to the bed as quickly as possible.

I'm not quick enough...

When I wake up, my head is throbbing, and my ears are ringing so loudly I can't make out where I am - other than the floor. My hands shake as I fumble around for my pockets. I can't express the relief I feel when I find my phone, my fingers barely managing to find the numbers on the keypad as I dial out to the number for Vaernet's office at South Pointe.

View user profile

161Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:03 pm

It's late afternoon when the direct line to John's desk rings on the other side of the room, pulling me from my study-induced stupor. John's shift ended several hours ago, and while I was supposed to be off today, I decided to use his office as a quiet place to study. With it's rich warm woods and the golden glow of his lamps, it's a comfortable and peaceful place to get lost in medical texts. 

Rubbing at my face, I push off of the leather loveseat, dropping my pen in the crease of my book on my way to the desk.

"Doctor Vaernet's desk, he's not in." I say as sweetly as I can, holding the phone with my shoulder as I sink into his chair, "Can I take a message?"

162Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:09 pm

"John?" I ask in confusion, the female voice sending me for a loop as I try to make out what she's said through the ringing in my ears.

View user profile

163Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:10 pm

"No," I respond slowly, unable to recognize the voice on the other end, "This is Doctor Vivienne Vaernet, is this one of his patients?"

164Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:16 pm

"'s'Matthew," I slur out, my stomach churning as I try to sit up with a groan. "I think I hit my head again," I manage to get out, the words coming slowly as my tongue stumbles over each one. "I blacked out, and fell... my ears are ringing..."

View user profile

165Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:23 pm

I curse softly as I sit up in the chair, ruffling through John's desk for a pen and slip of paper.

"Alright, Matthew, is your friend with you still?" I ask, "Can you put her on the phone?"

166Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:25 pm

"No, she left," I slur, shaking my head - a motion I regret immediately. "She doesn't have a phone."

View user profile

167Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:25 pm

Sighing heavily, I nod, rubbing my forehead tiredly. 

"What's your address?"

168Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:33 pm

"Fuck," I breathe, the unfamiliar woman not exactly sitting at the top of my list for people I'd like to give my address to. "No, no, nevermind," I say unevenly. "False alarm, I'm okay. I'll just - wait here."

View user profile

169Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:35 pm

"Do I have to call information and find you?" I ask a bit sharply, frowning as I drop my pen on the desk, "Because I'll do that, and I won't care who I alert in the process."

170Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:49 pm

"No - Fuck, " I groan as I force myself upright, my back finding the wall as I try to use it to steady the spinning room. It's a miracle that I manage not to vomit when I blurt out the address, my complexion fading as I drop the phone and press my head back into the wall.

Either she'll help me, or she'll turn me in, alerting Richard in the process... I hate that I've sunk to it, but I find myself praying, my lips forming the words as I ask forgiveness for putting so many people in this position, and for guidance to get me through should she turn me in.

View user profile

171Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:53 pm

I jot down the address before I head the sound of the phone hitting the floor on the other end, cursing loudly as I try to get a response from the man on the other side. Nothing.

Slamming the phone down, I grab the address before digging through John's drawers, silently damning him for what I'm about to do as I find his prescription pad. Anything used on this man is going to be under John's name, even if it means forging it. Great. More fraud. 

I'm pulling up to the house within half an hour, my bag slung over my shoulder as I crawl out of my car. It's been left parked at the gate, and I'm forced to use the side entrance to get onto the property. Hopefully the door's unlocked, otherwise we can add breaking and entering to my list of crimes today.

I'm relieved to find the front door unlocked, and I let myself in quickly as I start calling out.

"Marnin?" My voice practically echos in the entryway, along with the click of my boot's heels as I make a beeline for the stairs. Bedrooms are upstairs, aren't they?

172Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:57 pm

"Lju?" I ask in confusion when the sound of a woman's voice stirs me. I'd fallen asleep again, my head still propped against the wall. I'm still confused and reeling as I lift it up, trying to follow the sound of the voice.

"Hello?" I call again, a little louder now.

View user profile

173Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:59 pm

Making my way into the bedroom, I'm relieved to find Marnin awake as I hurry forward and drop my bag at his side. 

"It's Vienne, tell me your name." I say quickly, dropping onto my knees as I dig into my bag for a stethoscope.

174Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:02 am

"You're not John," I say blearily, my hand wandering up to touch my throbbing skull. "I called John. He said to call if I needed him."

View user profile

175Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. - Page 7 Empty Re: Everyone needs a fucking chill pill. on Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:04 am

I frown slightly as I reach up to catch his hand, pulling it back down as I adjust my stethoscope and scoot closer.

"No, you spoke to me." I say a bit softer, reaching forward to listen to his breathing before tugging the stethoscope to rest around my neck, "Do you know how long it's been since you were at the hospital?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum