When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking the Surface

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 16]

11 Re: Breaking the Surface on Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:43 am

"Maybe not for you," I respond as I glance down at Harvey with an icy smile. "But I want him to know why he's here. I want him to know that I know, and I don't forget easily."

View user profile

12 Re: Breaking the Surface on Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:53 am

Scowling, I finish adding the last bit of ingredients before stirring the now steaming concoction. 

"Harvey," I start softly, dipping my finger into the bowl cautiously before rubbing it between my fingers to test it's consistency. "I hope for your sake I've gotten this right. It's been a long time since I've done anything like this, and if it's too off... Well." I shrug as I begin rubbing the liquid on my hands, some dripping unceremoniously as I turn to face him. 

"Well, that's going to hurt." I say gently, walking towards him as he stares at me in terror. 

"Now, sit still. Lavellan, hands off." I say, gesturing for him to step away from Harvey as I lean down in front of him. I watch him shudder and tremble for a moment before I reach forward to pull at the ropes around his arms, content with their strength before stepping towards him to close the gap between us. 

My heart pounds as I reach forward to let my hands cradle his throat and jaw, the potion warming as our skin touches and my eyes shut. I can feel the tickle of magic as my lips start to move softly, my voice humming softly before the staticky sound of my vox unit breaks my concentration. 

"For fuck's sake," I growl, jerking the mask off and hitting the quick release to let it fall to the ground at my side before grabbing Harvey's jaw with a bit more force, my magic settling in as my eyes roll back and all of Harvey's secrets pour into me.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

13 Re: Breaking the Surface on Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:12 am

I realize sooner rather than later what it is she's doing, my lips pressing into a thin line as I narrow my eyes at her. For a moment, I consider interrupting as my mind darts back over the past twenty-five months that I've watched the man, on all the secrets he has tucked away inside his twisted mind. Instead of stopping her, however, I simply stand here - still as a statue as I observe the trance they fall into at the behest of her magic.

I can use this. I can use the woman who can use this. I hardly notice when she withdraws from her trance, my gaze fixated on her as I begin going through all the possibilities Ljuba's skillset might afford us in the future. And if she's cunning enough to use everything she's just learned from touching this man? I'll need to keep her close... tucked somewhere in that mass of memories will be secrets of my own, things she needn't know, things I'll need her loyalty to protect if she ever becomes aware of them.

"It's a pleasure watching you work," I say after a long moment, Ljuba having long since returned to the workbench to continue her work on the dream drop. "Did you find anything interesting?"

View user profile

14 Re: Breaking the Surface on Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:19 am

"Mm." I hum, dragging a chair towards the table so I can sit comfortably whilst working. With the vox unit still forgotten by Harvey's side, I can't respond much beyond that sound, but I did. I learned plenty in that brief moment to motivate me as I begin forming my drop, my voice just below a whisper as it mutters it's vague incantations to steer the drop's formation.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

15 Re: Breaking the Surface on Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:32 am

It's not long before my attention has wandered back to Harvey, the mousy little man trying desperately to scoot away from me as I slink closer to toy with him. He whimpers every time my fingers graze over his skin, my touch almost seductively gentle - were it not for the nerve dissolving toxin that creeps out from every gentle caress.

"I just want you to know," I whisper as I lean in toward Harvey's ear. "I lied about convincing Martha to sell you out... she approached me. And after this is over, regardless of whether or not we're successful here, I intend to turn your insides out and let you die from the shock. Martha even requested that I film it for a little extra incentive, if you catch my meaning."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum