When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking the Surface

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 16]

16 Re: Breaking the Surface on Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:39 am

The soft murmur of voices does little to distract me as I work steadily, my hands following a familiar path as they work to mix the drop. It's comfortable, the hum that tickles in my chest as I combine the various ingredients on the table, and it's downright satisfying as I watch the crystalline ball begin to form under my hands. 

The little baubles I've been making pale in comparison. 

Once it's finished, I pick it up gently and rise from my seat, holding it on my extended fingers for Lavellan to see before I glance at Harvey expectantly.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

17 Re: Breaking the Surface on Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:46 am

I give her a pleased smile before nodding as I drag a nail down Harvey's temple once more, his whole face spasming as I step away.

"He's all yours, darling," I chime as I step back to stand beside Ljuba so I can watch, my hand starting toward the small of her back but withdrawing before it can touch her.

View user profile

18 Re: Breaking the Surface on Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:50 am

Sighing anxiously, I look back at Harvey before extending a leg out to kick my collar and mask further out of the way. With a hand extended between the two of us, I look down at the bound man with a scowl before mumbling the slurred incantation that sends the drop into the air above my hand before it hovers gently before him. 

It's body glows as cracks begin to form, and the bound man's expression glazes over as he focuses on the drop almost instinctively, a sense a pride filling me as the familiar situation plays out.

19 Re: Breaking the Surface on Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:06 am

I know better than to look directly at the drop, my gaze fixating instead on Harvey as his expression twists, his eyes fixed on the depths of the crystal orb. I'm pleased with Ljuba's success, the urge to step forward and touch her tugging at me when I notice the first glow of something going wrong. I frown as I catch sight of the purplish ember falling from the core of the orb, it's center a hot, abnormal green.

It happens in a split second, my arm shooting out to wrap around Ljuba's chest and neck as I jerk her back into me. The moment my own magic flares with instinctive precision, Ljuba's dream drop lets out a loud crack, the geode collapsing in on itself before exploding outward in a violent burst of blues, purples, and greens. Every shard that hits the shield of magic around us sizzles into black wisps of nothingness, the smell of blood suddenly thick in the room as Harvey is macerated in front of our very eyes.

I'm in shock for a moment as I stare at gout of blood gushing out of the man's lacerated neck, his head and face barely recognizable as he sputters and gags on the rope still tied around his mouth. Ljuba's body is limp against mine, her expression one of utter shock as well before I suddenly break out in hysterical laughter.

"Oh gods, that was gorgeous!" I laugh as I release her so I can step forward to get a better look at the damage Harvey had sustained. I'm almost a tiny bit disappointed to see the liveliness faltering in his terrified eyes.

View user profile

20 Re: Breaking the Surface on Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:24 am

My legs nearly give once Lavellan's arms leave from around me, my eyes still wide as I stare at what little remnants of my drop are still visible in the man before me. I can't help the unnatural sound that shakes my chest as I shake my head, stepping back from the blood pooling at our feet as I begin to tremble. 

I'm frantic as I snatch up my vox and it's mask from the floor, trying to wipe what blood and filth I can from it as I head for the edge of the room.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum