When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking the Surface

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 16]

21 Re: Breaking the Surface on Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:36 am

It isn't until after Harvey has passed, his blood slowing to a sluggish trickle, that I look up at Ljuba. Her anxious crying gives me pause, my grin tugging down into an uncomfortable frown as I notice the way her chest heaves with each sniffle.

"Hey," I try to sound as comforting as I can as I approach her apprehensively. "Come now, it's alright... don't cry."

View user profile

22 Re: Breaking the Surface on Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:45 pm

My fingers shake as I manage to get the collar back on, my mask forgotten in my lap as I look up at Lavellan. It isn't until the uncomfortable look on his face registers that I realize how grotesquely I tend to look when I cry, the back of my hand wiping at the tears and drool on the broken side of my face before I move to put my mask on. 

"I'm fucking useless," I cry angrily, "I made a bomb! That!" I gesture towards Harvey's limp body before shaking my head. "That wasn't supposed to happen..."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

23 Re: Breaking the Surface on Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:13 pm

I let out a relieved laugh as I shake my head and glance back at Harvey. I realize immediately that laughing, perhaps, is not the response Ljuba is looking for. Instead, I pinch my face into one of concern and shake my head more intently as I approach her.

"Ljuba," I frown as I pull a handkerchief from my pocket to clean the blood from her cheeks. "It was your first attempt in a long while, without the benefit of your voice. Despite that, you still managed to create something. Regardless of what I've said about magic being in your blood, there are very very few witches who can harness their magic for anything at all without the use of their words.

"Today was not a waste," I say gently as I press a kiss to her forehead before pulling her into a hug. "I'm very pleased with the potential you've shown here today. We'll continue to work at this, perhaps without a live guinea pig at first, and in the meantime, we'll get your collar fixed. But before long, we'll have you trained to not need it."

View user profile

24 Re: Breaking the Surface on Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:42 pm

I reach up to wipe at my tears, resting my forehead against Lavellan's shoulder as I compose myself. 

"I've never had one explode before," I say softly, the foreignness of the vox's voice only leaving me more annoyed as I snake my arms back around Lavellan. "I'm not even sure why it happened."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

25 Re: Breaking the Surface on Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:01 pm

"Who can say?" I respond gently as I hold onto her, my hand rubbing at her back softly as dark streaks snake their way up my arms, the poison neutralizing in my blood. I always seem to wind up poisoning myself when she's around...

"You shouldn't beat yourself up over it, though," I insist. "If you never have something blow up in your face, then you aren't challenging yourself the way you should. I've singed my beard more than I care to admit, but it always pays off in the end."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum