When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Date Night

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 32 of 34]

156 Re: Date Night on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:32 am

"I don't see why you couldn't," I comment lightly, completely oblivious to the eyes that follow us as we turn down a wide alley, following the smell of the food and the distant cacophony of sounds that become clearer and clearer with each step we take toward the restaurant. "All you have to do is listen. Just - I don't know, pick your favorite song! Something really emotional, and just lie there in the dark for a bit and really listen.

"You'll be able to hear the sharp little inhales, fingers catching on the strings - or the intent behind the keys of the piano - anguish presses so much harder than something soft like longing. Sometimes you can even hear the knot in their throat straining on their voice, the crack in their voice when their chest tightens and squeezes the air from their lungs." I can't help the wistful grin as I shake my head and shrug sheepishly. "I don't know, maybe it's just me... I just really like listening to those things. Music is so vulnerable, you know? To lay bare all those little hurts that make you human, and to be able to elicit it in others, make them feel, make them relate.

"I always feel so alone when I feel like that," I admit a little hesitantly. "It's just so isolating, who do you talk to who might understand? Who do you confide in that isn't going to tell you to buck up, it's not so bad, and then just write it off, you know? But when you listen to music like that... I don't know. Someone, somewhere, gets it; I'm not the only one who feels this way. I don't feel so hopeless."

View user profile

157 Re: Date Night on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:53 am

I can only smile as I bring my other hand over to grasp his in both of mine, squeezing tightly as I lift my head to look over at him. 

"There's a lot going on in that head of yours, isn't there?" I ask warmly, laughing quietly.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

158 Re: Date Night on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:05 am

"You make it sound like I'm some kind of deep thinker," I laugh as I squeeze her hand in return. "Really, I'm just too self-conscious to ask for help when I need it. I know there are pills and potions and all sorts of things to try, but... well, that requires talking about it, doesn't it?"

View user profile

159 Re: Date Night on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:06 am

"Do you think you need all that stuff?" I ask lightly, trying not to bring too much attention to the idea as my grip on his arm lightens as I fall into a more comfortable pace at his side.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

160 Re: Date Night on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:26 am

"I don't know," I mumble, shrugging half-heartedly as I feel an uncomfortable warmth creeping up my cheeks. The question feels like ice in the pit of my stomach, the cold radiating out through my veins as I feel those mental gates slamming shut around the subject.

"It's just a thought," I say dismissively - we don't talk about that. Silence falls for a moment as I let out a soft sigh, the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end as my footsteps slow and an odd echo bounces back from the alley walls. I'd swear it was almost as though there was a delay before the sound of our footsteps reflected the slowing of our pace.

"Lju," I whisper, my hand tightening on her arm in some small warning not to move too quickly. "Are we being followed..?"

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum