When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Date Night

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 33 of 34]

161 Re: Date Night on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:29 am

The question chills me to my core as my pace nearly halts, my posture stiffening as I try to listen without turning my head. I don't hear anything but my own unsteady breathing as I force myself not to stop entirely. 

"I don't know," I respond as softly as the vox will allow, holding a bit tighter to Marnin's side.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

162 Re: Date Night on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:42 am

My grip tightens on my cane as we walk a little faster, the smell of a dumpster guiding me forward. Squeezing Ljuba's arm to warn her to my intentions, I wait until we're within range of the large can before subtly thwacking my cane against it - too sharply to be casual, but to the unsuspecting onlooker, it could be misinterpreted as clumsiness. The loud clatter of the mostly empty can, however, paints a the picture I need of the alley around us - and sure enough, three large men are tailing us.

"Go," I whisper a little more urgently as I break into a short jog. When our shadows do the same, their speed picking up as they realize we're onto them, I feel my heart leap into my chest as we hurry faster. It's only two or three more blocks to the main road, if we can just make it there... but the men behind us are gaining distance.

"Run!" I say loudly, shoving Ljuba away from me as I snap my cane, the quick motion folding it neatly into an improvised club. "I'll be fine, just get help!"

View user profile

163 Re: Date Night on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:56 am

My heart races once Marnin has shoved me forward, and for a split second I want to stay with him, to face whoever is following us, but my feet do something else as they carry me quickly in the other direction. Skirt gathered in my fists, I run as quickly as I can down the damp and dark alley, the beams of lights from the cross streets my only guiding light with my limited vision. 

The world is a blur as I hear what can only sound like objects hitting one another, the sound so disheartening I nearly stumble as I twist back to try and see as I near the first cross road. I never see the first body loom out before me, but my stomach lurches as their shadows block the light. Before I can skid to a stop, something connects with my chest, knocking the breath out of me as I land abruptly on the asphalt behind me.

164 Re: Date Night on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:24 am

It's only moments before I realize that my claim of being fine may have been spoken too soon. Every blow I land shoots pain through my bruised and broken hands, and my blood pressure makes my head swim as I try to focus on the men before me. It strikes me as odd when they don't try to hit me back, instead circling around me, cutting me off from any exit behind them as they continue to advance forward - pushing me further down the alley, herding me.

My heart skips at the realization as I whip around toward where Ljuba had run. Toward the wall of burly men blocking our only escape. I can hear Ljuba hit the ground, the sound of feet connecting with her slight frame.

"Ljuba!" I shout, about to run in her direction when I'm shoved roughly from behind, my cane tangling in my feet and tripping me up as I bite the pavement - my brow cracking sharply on the very solid ground. "Get off!" I scream, dazed, as I feel hands rifling over my body as I swing my arms wildly to fend them off. A moment of panic surges through me for the split second that I'm unsure of their intentions before I feel them yanking things from my pockets, and my concern evaporates - take the fucking wallet, I don't care. "Ljuba!"

View user profile

165 Re: Date Night on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:36 am

I can barely make a sound beyond pained grunts as the men over me kick me with every attempt to get up, and I fall to my side with a retching sound as I finally give up. My ears ring from the pain, but the sounds of Marnin's screaming pulls me back to reality before the feeling of hands on me brings my own screams forward. 

It's as unintelligible as it is loud, and it must disjoint them as I hear them barking orders before another kick connects with my side. I'm better prepared this time, my hand catching the fabric of their slacks with enough force to get a connection as I feel the burning rush of my magic engulf us both.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum