When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bright Lights

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 35 ... 69  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 69]

1 Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:38 pm

My head throbs as my eyes open to the sterile white of hospital room lighting, but the sensation doesn't last long before another wave of numbing euphoria hits me. Moppy. Or morphine, which is more likely given the clinical setting. 

"Shh," I hear a voice say, and I realize I must've been groaning as a hand smooths over my arm to draw my attention. It's the doctor woman from when I brought Marnin in. 

"You're in the hospital, you've been hurt," She says as softly as she can, and for a brief moment I can remember the pain of feet kicking me before I shift in the bed to find I've been restrained. The sensation of straps across my wrists and ankles cause me to pull and struggle, the doctor frowning sharply as she plants her hands on my shoulders and forces me back to the bed.

"You have to stop!" She says firmly, the pressure of her hands getting heavier as she glances towards the door warily. "You'll hurt yourself!" 

"No!" I whine back, realizing finally that I'm without my vox or mask. "No, whe- Mar-!"

"Please, stop struggling!" She nearly hisses as she tries to keep control, and I whimper as my muscles grow weaker under the haze of drugs.  

"I've already been told you can't talk without the device, so I promise I'm going to try my hardest, but you have to cooperate." She says, standing over me to try and keep my eye contact as I nod haphazardly. "I can take the restraints off, but you have to let me know you won't fight us again."

"A-wha-?" I ask weakly, cocking my head uncomfortably to look up at her. It's only now the swollenness of my face is registering, my head turning more than usual as I get her to focus over me. 

"You came to on the way in, you were disoriented and you had to be sedated because you assaulted some of our staff." She explains, a hand coaxing me to calm as I wince at the news, "You don't have to worry about anything, though. You're just here to get better, but I have some questions for you, okay?"

Nodding vaguely, I relax against the bed as another wave of warmth washes over me. My seeming submission is enough for her to start unfastening the restraints, and I watch her tiredly as she does. 

"My name is Doctor Vienne Vaernet, but V is just fine, it's a mouthful, I know," Dr. V says with a bit of a friendly smile, though I can see even in my daze that it's not something she does naturally. No, she's not anymore comfortable in here than I am. "I know you're Marnin's friend, and your name is Ljuba, but I need a last name for our records, okay?"

I only shake my head as I look away from her, mumbling as best I can that it isn't my name. 

"Look, one of the nurses has a file with Petrovic in it, from when you brought Marnin in." She says a bit more firmly, "I just need you to confirm that Ljuba Petrovic is your name, okay-" She starts more seriously, moving to stand before me as her jaw sets tensely, "Marn's Matthew or whatever, I don't care what your real name is. Just give me something. Is Ljuba Petrovic your name?"

I only stare at her as I shake my head, moaning loudly my distaste for being without my vox as she groans and steps away from me, cursing under her breath. 

"Ljuba Doe, it is." She says heavily, walking out of my sight as I look up at the ceiling. 

"Alright, Miss Doe - How old are you?" She asks, the prior sweetness missing as she watches me. There's no contempt, no curiosity - No, she seems to be here purely out of obligation. "I'm going to say a number, and can you point up or down til I get there?"

Shaking my head, she sighs again and nods. "You're not going to tell me anything, are you?" She asks tiredly as I look at her earnestly. 

"Of course not. Right, well I'll go tell John you're up, then." V says, lingering at the foot of the bed as she looks over at me. "Marnin's a few rooms down, I'll drop in to tell him you're up, as well. He's been asking about you."

I only offer her a nod as I look back at the ceiling, shifting uncomfortably now that I'm unrestrained before settling back in to wait for whatever happens next.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

2 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:03 pm

*John*

The tension is still high between Vienne and I as she informs me of Ljuba's condition, her feet barely slowing as she passes on her way to Marnin's room. Marnin hadn't requested that we keep this visit quiet, but I'd taken the liberty of keeping it that way anyway. Vienne did not approve.

Sighing, I retrieve the clip board from the door and slip in to see Ljuba. I don't offer her any eye contact as I move to the dresser situated along the wall. My fingers trace the carved leather of her collar for a moment, admiring the detail, before I bring it over to her.

"You're very lucky," I say as I coax her head up gently so I can situate the collar around her neck. "Without the support of your collar here, I don't believe you would be lying here right now. Marnin's handiwork is sturdier than it looks - someone tried very hard to break your neck under their boot."

View user profile

3 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:24 pm

Groaning uncomfortable, I let him adjust the collar around my throat before I hear it buzzing into life once it's fastened and I'm left to lay back again. 

"How is he?" I ask roughly, my own voice a husk under the untarnished sound of the vox.

4 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:34 pm

"Shaken. Angry. But he's alive," I sigh as I pull up a stool next to her bed so I can sit down. "A local girl found you, she was barely fourteen, from what Marnin said. Chased off your attackers at gunpoint; didn't say a word the whole time, she just walked with him while he carried you back to Skycrest."

View user profile

5 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Nodding, I swallow thickly as I wince at my shifting in the bed. There's thick gauze wrapped around my torso and it feels like it's crushing me with every breath I take, but the drugs are helping to numb it. 

"How hurt is he?" I ask more evenly, twisting my head to look at the familiar doctor.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 69]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 35 ... 69  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum