When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bright Lights

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

11 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:47 pm

Wincing, I let him take my hand without any objection as I watch him quietly. At this point, my limbs just feel like they're floating in warm water, and even the sensation of his scissors cutting through the bandage is lost as I instead try fruitlessly to move my fingers. They're not responding, not beyond my thumb and index finger, and the inability to move them leaves a feeling of dread and anxiety pooling in my stomach. 

"You'll fix them, right..?" I ask.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

12 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:54 pm

"Don't try to move them," I say gently as I frown and feel the bruised and tender flesh. "I've done what I can, stitched up what I could. Now it's up to your body to heal itself. But I don't want you straining those tendons while they're trying to heal for at least two weeks. It's nothing but suture and cord holding them together right now."

Turning her hand over in mine a few times, I sigh to myself as I pull a container of gauze over so I can clean the suture site.

"It looks good, though," I smile slightly as I glance up to her. "There was so much dirt and grit in the wound, I was worried about infection. But it looks like I was able to debride it well enough, and it's starting to heal nicely."

View user profile

13 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:00 pm

I only nod as I sniffle, the thick bandages on my other arm stopping me from raising that hand to wipe my face. Laying my head back in defeat, I exhale unsteadily as he rewraps my wrist. 

"So how long's it been?" I ask softly, "Since he brought me?"

14 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:03 pm

"About forty-eight hours," I respond with a bit of a frown. "Marn's been sneaking in to see you."

View user profile

15 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:15 pm

Laughing, I nod at that. 

"Of course." I say heavily, my eyelids feeling heavy despite his touch.

16 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:18 pm

Smiling softly, I squeeze her arm gently.

"I'll let you get some rest," I say quietly. "We'll get a requisition in for your surgery, get that arm fixed."

View user profile

17 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:23 pm

I don't recall drifting off, but the next time I open my eyes the room is dark. When my arm starts to raise out of habit, I'm greeted with a yelp of pain before I remember where I'm at, a low and pained groan sitting in my chest as I try to blink through the sleep and gunk keeping my eye from opening entirely. 

I don't know how long I lay like this, somewhere between conscious and un, before I hear the quiet shifting of someone else in the room. 

"Lavellan..?" I'm surprised as my head shifts slightly to see the silver-haired man sitting in the chair the doctor had been in just earlier.

18 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:27 pm

"I would like to believe the people who did this to you are in far worse condition than you," I start, a scowl pulling at my lips. "But your medical file suggests otherwise."

View user profile

19 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:31 pm

My brow pinches at his cruelness as my head rolls back onto the pillow, an annoyed sound aching in my throat. 

"Then you already know." I respond roughly.

20 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:34 pm

"I turned off your pain meds," I say roughly as I get to my feet, pulling the thin blanket off of her so I can begin untaping the catheter they had placed in her leg - the only appendage not broken or partially dismembered. "We're leaving."

View user profile

21 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:38 pm

"What?" I nearly yelp, the remaining meds in my system doing just enough to dull the pain of his messing with my leg. However, it does little to numb the jolt of pain as I try to reach out to stop him. 

"Stop!" I cry as quietly as I can, trying to grab his arm and failing miserably.

22 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:44 pm

"Absolutely not!" I hiss back at her, catching her arm as she tries to grab me fruitlessly. "This is a hospital, and you are a witch! Places like this exist for people who aren't like us. People who can't accept their mediocrity or swallow their pride and come to the people with the talents to truly help them."

I continue to seethe as I finish removing her catheter, tossing it aside to continue flowing onto the floor where the pump won't pick up that it's been stopped. A simple arc of electricity between my fingers is enough to make the rest of the monitoring equipment malfunction and continue to read despite me yanking them from Ljuba's skin and offering her a hand to help her get up.

"They shouldn't have brought you here," I say firmly, though the anger fades a little as I frown at her. "They should have brought you to me. I am the Grandmaster, and as a witch, you are one of my charges. Had they been sensible, I could have had you patched up and back together two days ago."

View user profile

23 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:03 am

By the time he's pulled me upright, his hand wrapped around my arm, I'm shaking so heavily it hurts. I don't let it stop me, however, and I drag my legs over the edge of the bed before resting my head against him heavily. 

"I'm going to be sick," I say weakly, shoving him away roughly before sinking onto my knees to the floor. The room spins as I breathe thickly, my arms curled awkwardly against my front given their injured state.

24 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:11 am

I frown sharply and bend down to scoop her back up. Her skin feels hot and damp as I cradle her in my arms. If I weren't so frustrated with her being here, I might feel sympathy for her misery. Instead, carrying her this way is more for my own sanity because I know that my patience wouldn't allow me to listen to her suffering while I waited for her to keep up on her own.

"Hold it down," I say quietly as I carry her out the door, my fingers and arms painted with the black streaks of my magic as I nullify the toxins on my hands - but not all of them. I allow some of it to sink into Ljuba's skin, the streaks traveling up her arms as well as it slowly takes the edge off of her discomfort.

View user profile

25 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:28 am

My jaw tenses roughly as I try to stop from crying out with each uncomfortable jostle, my ribs aching as he cradles me to his front. My shaking eases, though, the longer he holds me and I find myself looking up at him a bit wistfully as the lights pass overhead. It's a dizzying feeling, and as my eye closes against the sensation I slowly drift off.

26 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:46 am

Rather than take her back to my place, I veer off toward her apartment instead. A much shorter walk. And after supplying her with a stock of herbs, I feel relatively certain I can find everything I need to return her to her full glory. Even if her tiny apartment is a little cramped for my liking, I'm still able to work what magic I need to once she's settled on the bed and my work place is set up.

I let her sleep while I'm preparing everything, and for the initial spellwork, more for my own secrecy than for any real need. Once I've settled in beside her, however, she begins to stir under my touch. I know there are healers out there whose craft is far more gentle - that is their nature: gentle.

But I'm not a healer, and that is not my nature. And it shows. Were I to try to use the magic those healers use, it wouldn't work. It would fall flat in my hands, fizzle before I could even think to form the words to their spells. But mine... even without words, I can feel the magic working in harsh, gritty pulses as I sink a long, thin iron spike into the forearm of Ljuba's broken arm - an arm that I have pinned at the elbow with my knee, my other hand holding her wrist down firmly so she can't move when she eventually wakes up screaming.

View user profile

27 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:56 am

The searing jolt of pain that wakes me doesn't seem real as a scream wracks through me, my tears hot against my cheeks as I try to writhe away from the weight on top of me. I can't even help the burst of disorienting magic that bursts forth, my own senses lost in the fray of burning walls and trembling ground as I shove at Lavellan with my lame hand.

28 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:04 am

"The pain will subside, just hold still," I say firmly, the wards I'd placed around us brushing off her repelling magic. Her sobbing and shaking continues, though I had anticipated as much, and my grip on her never falters as I push the last of the iron deep into her skin before clasping my hand over it.

Her skin grows hot as I speak the sharp words of an incantation, the iron sinking further into her arm between the shattered bone before it begins to dissolve with the magic. As it does, the damaged bone and tissue begins to rebuild and reshape using the imbued iron as the building blocks to make it like nothing had ever happened - no scar tissue, no bruising, nothing aside from the uncomfortable heat that slowly disappears under my hand.

"Shhh," I murmur as I crawl over Ljuba, pressing a firm kiss to her lips as my hands come up to cup wet and swollen cheeks. "It's going to hurt, but only for a little while."

View user profile

29 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:20 am

Trembling, I stare up at Lavellan as a strange calm settles over me along with his presence, and I nod weakly between unsteady breaths as the searing pain in my arm dissipates. 

It takes every ounce of restraint I have not to cry out once he rises slightly to work his magic, his touch both feather light and painfully intrusive against my skin as it's heat radiates around me.

30 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:29 am

I smile crookedly as the swelling in her face subsides under my touch. My thumb drags across her lip as they wander down her neck, still soft and spidery on her skin as they whisper over bruised collarbones and exposed breasts. Leaning back over her, I press my lips to hers again - my presence over her deceptive in its intimacy as I brace myself to hold her down.

Her breath gasps against my lips shakily as I begin another incantation, my hands over her cracked ribs. The magic is almost pleasant at first - the warmth melting like hot molasses over her chest before I start to press my fingers into her. The sharp intake of breath as she prepares to scream is silenced as I force a harsh kiss on her, my nails cutting into her skin as the magic forces it to yield that I might touch the bone beneath.

View user profile

31 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:49 am

My eyes shut tightly against him as I struggle to breath with his lips pressed so tightly to mine, the silenced scream sitting in my chest lending to the searing pain of his magic. By the time my face pulls from him, there's no sound left as I grimace silently.

32 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:55 am

By the time the spell is complete, my own body is shaking in anticipation - the magic rubbing like a raw nerve in the pit of my stomach. With the worst of it out of the way, I let my hands explore with more intent. My lips drag across her jaw as my hand moves to her other arm, fingers stretching out and dragging my nails down the inside of her forearm before I pull it up over her head so I can pin her injured wrist under my hand.

"Better?" I ask roughly, the magic still chained in the pit of my belly as I let my thumb feel out the damage in her wrist, my gaze fixed on hers as I gauge her pain.

View user profile

33 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:14 am

Panting lightly, I nod as his weight settling over me doesn't elicit any pained reaction. Just the lingering warmth of his magic and his body. I still whimper as he probes at my wrist, my arm tugging against him weakly. The pain shooting down my arm is the one thing stopping me from actually relishing the moment. 

"I did fight back," I say weakly, swallowing thickly as I look up at him earnestly. "I did."

34 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:21 am

"Did you?" I ask, wiggling my hips down as I tighten my thighs to force her legs closed under me, my free hand flattening against her abdomen as it wanders down between us. "Was it like how you're fighting me now? Because right now, I think you like what's happening. Or rather... you like what will happen."

View user profile

35 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:29 am

"Hmn," I whine softly, shifting beneath him as I follow his eyes pleadingly. I don't know why it's taken me so long to realize I've been stripped, but the realization is bittersweet as his touch teases further south.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum