When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bright Lights

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 37 ... 69  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 69]

26 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:46 am

Rather than take her back to my place, I veer off toward her apartment instead. A much shorter walk. And after supplying her with a stock of herbs, I feel relatively certain I can find everything I need to return her to her full glory. Even if her tiny apartment is a little cramped for my liking, I'm still able to work what magic I need to once she's settled on the bed and my work place is set up.

I let her sleep while I'm preparing everything, and for the initial spellwork, more for my own secrecy than for any real need. Once I've settled in beside her, however, she begins to stir under my touch. I know there are healers out there whose craft is far more gentle - that is their nature: gentle.

But I'm not a healer, and that is not my nature. And it shows. Were I to try to use the magic those healers use, it wouldn't work. It would fall flat in my hands, fizzle before I could even think to form the words to their spells. But mine... even without words, I can feel the magic working in harsh, gritty pulses as I sink a long, thin iron spike into the forearm of Ljuba's broken arm - an arm that I have pinned at the elbow with my knee, my other hand holding her wrist down firmly so she can't move when she eventually wakes up screaming.

View user profile

27 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:56 am

The searing jolt of pain that wakes me doesn't seem real as a scream wracks through me, my tears hot against my cheeks as I try to writhe away from the weight on top of me. I can't even help the burst of disorienting magic that bursts forth, my own senses lost in the fray of burning walls and trembling ground as I shove at Lavellan with my lame hand.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

28 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:04 am

"The pain will subside, just hold still," I say firmly, the wards I'd placed around us brushing off her repelling magic. Her sobbing and shaking continues, though I had anticipated as much, and my grip on her never falters as I push the last of the iron deep into her skin before clasping my hand over it.

Her skin grows hot as I speak the sharp words of an incantation, the iron sinking further into her arm between the shattered bone before it begins to dissolve with the magic. As it does, the damaged bone and tissue begins to rebuild and reshape using the imbued iron as the building blocks to make it like nothing had ever happened - no scar tissue, no bruising, nothing aside from the uncomfortable heat that slowly disappears under my hand.

"Shhh," I murmur as I crawl over Ljuba, pressing a firm kiss to her lips as my hands come up to cup wet and swollen cheeks. "It's going to hurt, but only for a little while."

View user profile

29 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:20 am

Trembling, I stare up at Lavellan as a strange calm settles over me along with his presence, and I nod weakly between unsteady breaths as the searing pain in my arm dissipates. 

It takes every ounce of restraint I have not to cry out once he rises slightly to work his magic, his touch both feather light and painfully intrusive against my skin as it's heat radiates around me.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

30 Re: Bright Lights on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:29 am

I smile crookedly as the swelling in her face subsides under my touch. My thumb drags across her lip as they wander down her neck, still soft and spidery on her skin as they whisper over bruised collarbones and exposed breasts. Leaning back over her, I press my lips to hers again - my presence over her deceptive in its intimacy as I brace myself to hold her down.

Her breath gasps against my lips shakily as I begin another incantation, my hands over her cracked ribs. The magic is almost pleasant at first - the warmth melting like hot molasses over her chest before I start to press my fingers into her. The sharp intake of breath as she prepares to scream is silenced as I force a harsh kiss on her, my nails cutting into her skin as the magic forces it to yield that I might touch the bone beneath.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 69]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 37 ... 69  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum