When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bright Lights

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 66 of 69]

326 Re: Bright Lights on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:17 am

"Maybe I'll let her have it," I sneer as I step close to her for a fraction of a second before I start toward the door, not bothering to look back over my shoulder as I snatch up my things along the way. "Since I lack such empathy."

View user profile

327 Re: Bright Lights on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:26 am

"Do me a favor then," I say as his hand hits the doorknob, my head held indignantly high. "Try not to get us caught."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

328 Re: Bright Lights on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:31 am

I scoff derisively at her comment before slamming the door behind me, my hand lingering on the door knob as I stare down the hallway - deflated the moment the door had shut. Gritting my teeth, I turn around and pull a small vial of oil from my pocket, take care to dip my fingers in it before drawing along the edge of the door.

I can see the intricate web of wards lace their way across the door even as I hear Ljuba's angered movements beyond it. Nodding to myself, I tuck the vial back in my bag and then pull on my coat so I don't freeze on my way out to the van.

View user profile

329 Re: Bright Lights on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:46 am

As soon as the door slams behind him, I pace to the bed, jerking at the covers to get the dust off angrily. I hardly remember the jar left there, until I hear the glass shattering as it hits the floor. Fuck. Crawling over the bed, I sink into my spot from earlier as I stare down at the mess of broken glass and filth, my shoulders sagging heavily. 

The night passes after this slowly, the lights cut out except for one lone lantern on my bedside table. Curled under the blankets, I lay with my head on one arm perched at the edge of the bed, my other hanging down as my fingers drag over the spilled contents of the broken jar, trying fruitlessly to piece together what I'd broken before exhaustion wins out.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

330 Re: Bright Lights on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:56 am

It's cold inside the van, even under the mountain of blankets and clothes that I had unpacked and laid out on top of me to keep the chill out. But I dare not use magic out here for something as fickle as comfort. Despite the chill, though, I manage to fall asleep quickly and stay that way.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 69]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum