When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bright Lights

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35 ... 69  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 69]

6 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:43 pm

"A few scrapes and bruises, popped a couple ribs out of place, but nothing serious," I frown before nodding at her. "You got the worst of it. He said they were muggers, but it sounds like they may have dabbled in witch hunting - tried to cut off one of your hands."

View user profile

7 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:48 pm

"I just remember him going down," I say with a sigh of relief, blinking back tears as I rest my head back on the pillow. 

"What about me..?" I ask after a moment, not entirely sure if I'm prepared to hear whatever he might say.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

8 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:02 pm

"Well, when you came in, you were seizing continuously - had been since before he made it back into Skycrest. You came to for a minute, but only enough to panic and blow through a couple of nurses and myself." I tilt my head slightly to display the decent sized bruise she'd left on the curve of my jaw just below my ear. "After that, though, we had to anesthetize you just to stop the seizure. Nothing else we threw at you would stop it.

"Beyond that, it was a struggle getting your temperature stabilized and getting some of the swelling off of your brain so we could control the seizures," I sigh. "Once those were under control, I finally got to do my exam. There's a lot of soft tissue damage, a couple of fractures to facial structures - hence the swelling - a few busted ribs, some hairline fractures in the radius and closed compound fractures in the ulna on your left arm - it will need surgery to fix - and, of course, the laceration on your right wrist where they attempted to remove your hand... it was deep. You won't be using it for awhile, and will absolutely need physical therapy to regain full function... though, you may never recover full feeling in the last three digits.

"Everything else is negligible," I shrug. "Scrapes, bumps, bruises, that sort of thing. That, and you seem to have turned Marnin into a lost puppy. An aggressive, poorly behaved puppy that kicked one of my orderlies into a vending machine for trying to keep him out of your room."

View user profile

9 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:12 pm

The list of injuries helps explain why so much of my body is numb, but that doesn't stop me from crying quietly as I nod an apology to the doctor. 

"Yeah, he's... He's funny like that." I say with a weak smile before looking at the doctor sadly. "I'm sorry I hit you."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

10 Re: Bright Lights on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:29 pm

"It's not the first time a patient has clubbed me," I smile lightly as I pat her leg. "More than once, I've deserved it. Can't imagine how, with my charming personality and infinite patience." Sighing, I get to my feet and nod toward her wrist as I fish out the bandage scissors from my pocket.

"Let's take a look at that, shall we?" I say cheerily.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 69]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35 ... 69  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum