When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Failings of Time

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 33]

1 The Failings of Time on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:05 pm

After leaving the previous town, our bridges mended, Ljuba and I fall into a silence that stretches on for hours. She grows restless and fidgety in the seat beside me, moving from the front of the van to the back several times.

After our little tryst this morning, I had taken it upon myself to don several thin layers of clothing, keeping every inch of my skin covered, rather than wasting what little salve I have left. So every time Ljuba moves near me, I find myself instinctively leaning away to avoid her touch, a task that becomes particularly nerve wracking when she insists on changing seats.

"You're very touchy," I accuse when she moves to the front seat again, her hand finding my shoulder as she steadies herself while the van slows on the rough road as we approach the gates of the next town.

View user profile

2 Re: The Failings of Time on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:08 pm

"Hmph," I grumble as I sink into the passenger seat, arching my back stiffly as I curl my legs into the seat beneath me. "I'm trying not to be carsick."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

3 Re: The Failings of Time on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:13 pm

"Does that require groping?" I ask, raising an eyebrow as I reach between the seats for my ID to show the gate guard. "Is that a new age treatment? Grope your driver, and try not to think of things that involve chunks?"

View user profile

4 Re: The Failings of Time on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:15 pm

I groan uncomfortably as I look back at him, my eyes narrowing slightly at the ID card in his hand. 

"What are you doing..?" I ask, picking my head up to look ahead, perplexed. "Where are we, anyway?"

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

5 Re: The Failings of Time on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:24 pm

"Well," I start slowly as I glance at her with a frown. "I'm your Guardian, and you're my charge... and we're going to visit one of the Circles inside the Chantry."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 33]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum