When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Failings of Time

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 33 of 33]

161 Re: The Failings of Time on Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:19 am

"I was a little busy finding your fucking bee, wasn't I?" I ask harshly as I start shoving my things into my bag. "And then, rather than sleeping in a comfortable bed like I wanted to, I got to spend the night making us look as inconspicuous as possible, just in case someone saw you and we had to brush off any suspicion they might have cast on us. I now know the names of seventeen grandchildren and the lineage of a fucking bartender from a long line of bartenders and drunks. I've spoken to two Guardians, three charges, and fucking prayed to a God I denounced over a century ago because apparently Guardians go through a morning prayer ritual that I didn't know about until I was being dragged to a chapel by other Guardians.

"So yeah," I snap as I glower back at her. "My bag is still unpacked."

View user profile

162 Re: The Failings of Time on Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:33 am

His outburst sits oddly with me, though an emotional response isn't necessarily what springs to mind. Instead, I continue eating for a moment before I glance up at him. 

"Is it still worth it, then?" I ask, "Being here?"

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

163 Re: The Failings of Time on Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:40 am

"Yes," I practically grind out, my teeth still clamped together as I zip my bag up angrily. Sighing heavily, I sink onto the end of my bed and let my head rest in my hands.

"Just-," I start, my voice sticking in my throat before I continue roughly. "Finish eating. I'd like to leave before my new friends decide they should join us on our trip 'back' to the capital."

View user profile

164 Re: The Failings of Time on Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:50 am

"I'm done." I respond simply, moving to set the plate on the side table as I shove the blankets off and slide to the edge of the bed.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

165 Re: The Failings of Time on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:08 am

"Let's go then," I sigh as I drag my hands back through my hair before getting up to put my gloves on. "I want to get to the next town before sundown."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum