When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Failings of Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 33]

21 Re: The Failings of Time on Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:04 am

"On the upside," I shrug as I return my gaze to the road, our speed barely faster than the pedestrians surrounding us. "A lot of new witches who come here had... habits. Withdrawals will lend to our cover."

View user profile

22 Re: The Failings of Time on Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:06 am

"That's lucky," I laugh weakly, looking over at him as I nod. "It'll draw less attention tomorrow when I'm puking on the side of the road."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

23 Re: The Failings of Time on Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:16 am

"It really will," I say with a laugh as I glance at her sympathetically. "Honestly, it won't be at all out of place... one of the few bunk mates I had growing up was this nine year old girl who looked like death. I learned later that she'd been taking opiates since she was seven to try to stop the voices in her head. It took a Guardian finding her to finally stop them, and bring her in from the streets.

"It wasn't unusual to see people like her after that," I say lightly. "Something about witches and addiction go hand in hand."

View user profile

24 Re: The Failings of Time on Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:22 am

"I never used until I needed it," I remark, my eyes closing as my forehead rests against the cool window. "Hardly drank until after Bea was born and I realized I wasn't cut out to be a mother."

Sighing, I pick my head up just enough so I can draw in the fog on the window. "I can relate to wanting to drown things out, though. It wasn't long before I was doubling or tripling doses just to stop the dreams. Not that it worked for long."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

25 Re: The Failings of Time on Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:29 am

"I had a drinking problem for a long time," I admit quietly, my gloved fingers drumming absently on the steering wheel. "And an anger problem... the drinking really didn't help the anger issues..."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum