When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reluctant Passengers

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

51 Re: Reluctant Passengers on Fri May 05, 2017 7:58 pm

"The fronts unlocked now." The woman responds, twisting to move around in her seat so she can face the man standing outside. I turn to tend to Aodhagan as he moves groggily, my voice low as I lean over and catch his hand. 

"Aodh, it's going to be okay," I say softly, "Just stick with me, and stay calm."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

52 Re: Reluctant Passengers on Fri May 05, 2017 8:06 pm

*Aodh*

It takes me a moment to remember what happened before the adrenaline kicks in when I look around to see the silver-haired man watching impatiently at the door. My whole body tenses as the magic wells up in my gut, but nothing comes of it as I feel Zenovia's hand tightening on my wrist. Looking at her with wide eyes, it takes me a second to register that she's talking, and another moment to understand what she's saying.

Finally, I nod shakily and let her pull me with her to the door of the van. My knees are shaky as I get my feet under me, but I'm quick to hold onto Zenovia's arm. Having her near helps me keep my balance, but I know my motivation for squeezing so tightly to her is rooted in fear. Fear of the situation, and fear of Zenovia's condition after I'd seen her take the butt of the silver haired man's gun.

"Where are we??" I ask breathlessly once we're a little further from the van. "Where can we run??"

View user profile

53 Re: Reluctant Passengers on Fri May 05, 2017 8:09 pm

"We're not." I respond quietly, his grip on my arm bordering on painful as we head towards the abandoned rest stop. "We're going to stay with these two until we get to the Capital, like we'd planned.

"Our host and I had a misunderstanding earlier, one we've resolved. You don't have to worry."

54 Re: Reluctant Passengers on Fri May 05, 2017 8:12 pm

"He used magic back there," I frown as I look at her uncertainly. "I thought guardians didn't use magic like that."

View user profile

55 Re: Reluctant Passengers on Fri May 05, 2017 8:17 pm

"Guardians come in all sorts." I respond evenly, offering him a weak smile as I nod. 

~~

I frown at the way Lavellan trails behind them, the boy's clearly terrified demeanor leaving a sick feeling in my gut as I slide back out of the van to catch up to Lavellan. 

"There's a door just past the bathrooms that leads out the back." I point out quietly as I catch his stride, glancing up at him. "Doesn't shut proper, it's hot I got in."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum