When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Fuck..?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 35 of 36]

171 Re: The Fuck..? on Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:59 pm

"No," I respond a bit gruffly. "Not unless she gets belligerent. Otherwise, she needs to remember this."

View user profile

172 Re: The Fuck..? on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:15 pm

"I didn't mean for her," I frown, sighing as I turn away before he can respond. Aodh's soup is boiling lightly, and the herbs need cleaning so they can be added. It's a task I busy myself with.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

173 Re: The Fuck..? on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:48 pm

"Then for who?" I ask before realizing she's turned away. I make an irritated noise at her and then return to cleaning the bucket and gathering the other dishes that I've dirtied, noisily washing them as I protest Winifred's rationale.

View user profile

174 Re: The Fuck..? on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:38 pm

I've finished adding the herbs to the soup, fastening the lid back into place and cutting down the fire a bit before I go to head back into the living room, ignoring the heavy way Mairon moves at the sink. I linger at the edge of the room, the woman on the bed sitting up heavily against Aodh's side as he seems to talk to her softly. She looks sullen and out of it, but there's something very present in the way she looks to him with a look of pure guilt twisting her face. I feel like I'm betraying them by lingering at the edge of their exchange, even if I lack the capabilities to truly eavesdrop. 

Sighing, I turn back towards the kitchen to find Mairon facing my direction.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

175 Re: The Fuck..? on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:33 pm

It takes me a moment to realize that Winifred has turned to catch me listening to her movements. Even then, though, I only cock my head slightly as I continue to ponder her inner dialogue, the way she lingers silently, a sort of spectre at the edge of the world of the hearing.

"Do you ever feel like an outsider?" I ask quietly after a moment. "Not even right now, watching them... but just standing alone in the middle of a room? Sometimes I catch myself wondering what the point of me is... or why I'm here, of all places, so out of place compared to everyone else."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum